My bearded dragon crawls on me!

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

My bearded dragon crawls on me!

Postby Stellarivera1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Hello, does anybody know why my bearded would crawl up my arm after trying to put her back in her tank? Especially after bathing time she crawls up my arm when I put her back on her rock.
Stellarivera1
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My bearded dragon crawls on me!

Postby Gormagon » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Stellarivera1 wrote:Hello, does anybody know why my bearded would crawl up my arm after trying to put her back in her tank? Especially after bathing time she crawls up my arm when I put her back on her rock.

I just wish mine would do that, he's a brat!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Re: My bearded dragon crawls on me!

Postby DorgEndo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 am

Temperature regulation would be my guess. Warm bath to air in cooler room. Then to hot air in the enclosure is a lot of temperature changes.

I also like to put my beardie under her heat lamp to fully dry off. Moving slowly and giving her a chance to walk off my hands to her basking spot seems to help, but she is also pretty chill
DorgEndo
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior