Spot on Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Anyone seen this before?
I guess/suspect it's just some dried Dubia guts juice, but :dontknow:
It wasn't there at the beginning of last week, then one day it was.
I don't think it's changed in size, but it's hard to say due to his small size.
It doesn't appear to be getting any smaller or fading away.
full

TIA

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That's the situation. He's in the process of shedding his whole body now (shed the tail first).

Do you think it likely that things like this (and whatever marker the breeder used to indicate age & sex) will shed with his skin, or might they still be there after shedding?

TIA

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, most likely bug guts. Especially considering the location.

Marks made with paint pens always seem to go away after the area is shed. Sometimes though if they used permanent marker or something like that, it can stick around but typically not. Their "skin" isnt really too absorbent, so shedding usually gets rid of any staining or breeder marks.
Thank God too because of that wasnt the case, Moro would be one giant poo stain LOL.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys. I'm planning on giving him hist first (from me) bath soon, to aid in loosening up that shed, and make his life easier. Also, he still has a small bit of shed on the tip of his tail--don't want him losing the tip.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2ir1kywo said:
I agree, a shed should help get rid of both marks if they don’t wear away first.
Ha ha... I wish. He still as the blue dot on his elbow, and the "S" (Superdragon!) on his chest. Not much to wear it away on; even though his substrate is somewhat rough slate & shale, he seems to prefer basking in an upright posture, so his chest (almost) never contacts the substrate while he's moving.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
A cotton swab dipped in water with hydrogren peroxide may help rid any spot. If she can stay calm and still for you work around any colored or marked scales. Avoid the eyes of course, that would sting

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
She's a he, but that's OK--I make the same error myself. Thanks for the tip.
Nothing is even close to the eyes, but he definitely won't sit still for anything yet. I've tried a few times (using advice from here & YT) but It's only been less than 2 weeks, and I still have to chase him around the enclosure to catch him (though he pretty much ignores "The giant hand" come feeding time--I can reach right in next to him to remove/replace his bug bowl).

I think I can wait for the shed (he gets "cloudier" every day) before trying something else.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom