New beardie Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melpomme

Hey! I'm new to the forum, but not beardies! I have two perfect babies, Sig and Smaug (boy and girl .. different enclosures!). Anyway, tomorrow I'll be bringing home a third baby - this time a rescue from where I volunteer. The rescue is blind, hence he needs an experienced care taker. I know I'll have to hand feed him, which I'm prepared to do, but .... Do you guys have any advice for his enclosure? How do I make it easier for him to get around? My current two have ramps and hammocks and rocks for climbing, but I didn't think that would do as well for him. How can I make sure he can still get close enough to his basking light?

Any advice is welcome! qqqqq (that is Smaug saying thank you!)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Welcome to the site!

Great for you for rescuing the poor fella. Is he completely blind? How did it happen?

If he really can't see anything at all, it's best to keep his tank furniture relatively flat so he doesn't have to climb around on things.
Post pictures of him once you get him so we can see hi current status :)

Looking forward to hearing of him living a long healthy life with you!

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom