brumation or just personality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubkoz

hello, ive had my beardie for 3 years now and hes not the most active beardie.just wondering if he wants to go into brumation... hes been like this for 2 years now, when he was little he would occasonally eat his greens by himself but when he was about a year old he started to eat his salads less and less( i did start hand feeding him alot more around this time). he does eat insects like hell though, he loves em!

in the morning i take him out onto his light and give him food, he sometimes goes into his hide but some days he starts to climb on his grout wall i made for him.

Basically, he dosnt eat his greens on his own only when i show it to him and place it on his nose.he eats insects just fine. some days hes energetic but some he just lays in his hide all day.

note i should at he also sometimes will eat in different amounts everyday

im really not sure so any help will be appriciated!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It's possible it's brumation. But it's hard to know for sure sometimes.
We could go over your setup with you if you'd like, to just rule out any environmental factors playing a potential role in his behaviour.

Has he been losing weight?
If you could post a picture of him and of your setup that would help too :)

-Brandon

lubkoz

Original Poster
claudiusx":37q1xwbp said:
Hi there,

It's possible it's brumation. But it's hard to know for sure sometimes.
We could go over your setup with you if you'd like, to just rule out any environmental factors playing a potential role in his behaviour.

Has he been losing weight?
If you could post a picture of him and of your setup that would help too :)

-Brandon

sure can do but hes asleep right now i may have some pictures of him on my phone

on the temp topic the cool end is around 29C and basking is around 35C and in the middle its 30C
i do have a ceramic bulb i think theyre called so that temps dont drop too far at night, it activates when its too cold (around 18C) UVB has been there for 3 months so still good for another 3. its a good sized viv (120cm x 60cm x 60cm if i remember correctly dont have a tape meseare on me :p)
he has lots of climbing space and where to hide.

Here are some pics i could find
100450-4961828985.jpg
100450-382041587.jpg
100450-2485516598.jpg
100450-5386476656.jpg
100450-1069038953.jpg
100450-1090006321.jpg

If these are unclear i can get you some in the morning, also sorry for the qaulity my phone isnt the best with photos!

also some of these are older such as the one where hes shedding, the under the hide one is from a couple days ago and so is the one on the wall, others are about a week old

he just woke up so i can take a pic of my setup:
100450-7821806613.jpg
He weighs 670 grams so a good amount he also pooped yestarday so all his insides are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom