Help!!! Possible diarrhea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie's last 4 or 5 bowel movements have been very odd looking. He pooped 3 times yesterday, and once this morning: all right after eating, or right before. Here's his most recent bowel movement:
image0.jpg

I also made a post yesterday: https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=251989

It would look normal otherwise, but it's covered in this weird fluid (you can even see a drop of it to the left of the rest of it) and I have no idea what it could be. He doesn't eat very many veggies so I highly doubt it's from too much water. His temperature and humidity is fine. I got him from a local pet store with very experienced reptile owners, and I get all his live food from there as well so I doubt it's because of an illness or parasites.

I'm really worried as he seems otherwise healthy, and I want to take him to the vet but I don't have a job or a driver's liscence (I'm 16) and my mom has been super busy and stressed...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that doesn't look out of the ordinary and it sounds like he's acting fine. How big + how old is your dragon and what is he eating ? Are you positive it's a male ? Females sometimes poo a lot before laying eggs.

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
He's around 4 months old, he's growing so fast that I haven't really measured him recently enough for it to be accurate anymore, haha. I'm positive he's a male. He eats crickets and dubia roaches, and I occasionally give him kale or collard greens. Glad to know it's normal, I was getting worried

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
Of course ^^
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image2.jpg

He moves and jumps around a lot. He likes to parkour from his basking rock to his hammock. He spends a lot of time on his rock, but he usually sleeps on the hammock or hanging from the leaves.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
His set up looks really nice, good job ! As long as he's eating, active and growing well I think he's just fine. :) What are the temps. throughout the tank and how do you measure them ?

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
Thank you! His warm side is usually 85-90, his cool side is around 78-85 (sometimes dips under that at night though, never less than 70 however), and his basking rock is 105 degrees. I measure with a digital thermometer and a temperature gun.
Also, last night I switched his reptile carpet out for tile as per the advice of others on this site. Thanks to the tile I was able to notice there was a lot more liquid than I originally thought. I assume the carpet was absorbing it and I couldn't see it as well :(
image0.jpg

I'm really hoping he just goes like that.. in the meantime I'll be saving up for the vet so that my mom doesn't stress over it :(

EDIT: I also moved him away from the window for the winter so he doesn't get chilly. I feel bad since he liked looking outside but whenever I take him out I show him the window and let him stay as long as he seems interested in watching :)

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
image0.jpg

This was his bowel movement this morning- I'm really concerned, there was this weird pink/white thing than looked like an egg-shaped urate in it. I'll keep the photos for next time we go to the vet in case we need it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok I would start feeding him a salad every morning before insects --- website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html-- I would put 3 medium super worms or butter worms or wax worms like 3 as they are addicting on top of salad and some BSFL as many as you want on top here is a website you can get them from
https://symtonbsf.com/ they do not need to be dusted ---- make sure he sees you adding these worms- the movement will get him to the bowl and make sure you use a bowl the worms cant get out of -- the UVB what kind do you have I cant really tell if there is one there brand and bulb please
Karrie

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3jl3jag1 said:
Ok I would start feeding him a salad every morning before insects --- website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html-- I would put 3 medium super worms or butter worms or wax worms like 3 as they are addicting on top of salad and some BSFL as many as you want on top here is a website you can get them from
https://symtonbsf.com/ they do not need to be dusted ---- make sure he sees you adding these worms- the movement will get him to the bowl and make sure you use a bowl the worms cant get out of -- the UVB what kind do you have I cant really tell if there is one there brand and bulb please
Karrie
I have a ReptiSun T5 10.0., linear (not coil). I got it a month ago so it should still be working just fine.

I'll start feeding him the salads starting tomorrow morning. What are the worms for, if I may ask? Will they help him with the issues he's having? From what I've heard they don't provide as much nutrition as dubias/crickets. Are they to get him to eat the salad? If that's the case he'll eat the salad alone just fine

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The movement will attract him to bowl and to entice him to eat- yes dubias and the bsfl are great staple feeders the worms are used to lure him to bowl-- that's why I said only like 3 of the worms but the bsfl are a good staple feeder so I use both for my baby- dubias and bsfl- the dubias are also put in bowl after blaze has eaten his salad-- and the UVB is great do you have it on top of screen or in tank?
Karrie

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
I have the UVB on top of the screen, but the terrarium itself is really short and when he basks he's directly under it.
He actually really enjoys eating his greens so long as I hand feed him, so unless he decides to be picky I probably won't get the worms.
Should I replace the crickets with bsfl? Right now his staples are crickets and dubia roaches. Also, for some reason, he absolutely LOVES calcium powder. For normal crickets he'll watch them but won't chase them unless they get close, but if they're dusted (or if I offer dubias) he practically leaps across his terrarium for just one, haha.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
TyrannosaurusWreck":1d11e7pb said:
I have the UVB on top of the screen, but the terrarium itself is really short and when he basks he's directly under it.
He actually really enjoys eating his greens so long as I hand feed him, so unless he decides to be picky I probably won't get the worms.
Should I replace the crickets with bsfl? Right now his staples are crickets and dubia roaches. Also, for some reason, he absolutely LOVES calcium powder. For normal crickets he'll watch them but won't chase them unless they get close, but if they're dusted (or if I offer dubias) he practically leaps across his terrarium for just one, haha.
So directly under it how far ? 6-8 inches ? thats what it should be - if not you can move decor around to get it there ---- the calcium powder your dusting those insects correct? ok so he loves dubias it sounds like and crickets so so --- I would try him on some BSFL and see how he likes them - order like 100 large and see how well he goes for them --- its good to give them variety w/ everything the greens as well - I dont feed mustard greens too often or kale but its nice to change it up every once in awhile
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom