BEARDED DRAGON LUNGS DENSE AND FULL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimtums

So 3 weeks ago my 5 year old bearded dragon, Cobain, was doing great!!! Perfect health (so we thought). Then 13 days ago he started to cough. So we went to the vet and she gave us medicine for a URI.
He also tested positive for pinworm. She gave us antibiotics for those.
(We just started feeding him live food a month ago or so bc he stopped eating his greens)
Yesterday he had a seizure. The vet couldn’t take us so we waited. Hours later he was gasping for air and had blood coming out of his mouth.
He’s been in the hospital for 24 hours and is staying for at-least another 24 hours. His blood work is close to perfect. But I’m the xrays, his lungs are full. And we’re not sure with what.
He’s not really responding to any of the treatment they’re doing and we have to wait 5 days to hear back about adenovirus.
If he’s negative then we will go through and spend just about everything we have to figure out what is wrong.
He hasn’t eaten in 13 days. He refuses.
has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Does it have anything to do with the silkworms, waxworks, crickets, and 1 hornworm?
Our hearts are aching. We just want our boy to be happy and healthy again.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Would you be able to post up the blood test results so we can give you a second opinion on if everything really is fine?
Sometimes little details in the bloodwork point to something that might have been missed.

How bad was the pinworm infection? Did the vet give you the counts?

And lastly? Could you give us the amounts of and of which medicines you were given?

Poor Cobain :(
Hopefully the ADV test comes back negative.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow I am so sorry about your little Cobain, that does not sound good.
Are they sure he doesn't have pneumonia, that's what it sounds like. I highly recommend
getting him started on nebulization treatments. That can help tremendously. Which meds
is he on for the respiratory issue?
We can take a look at your blood test results, to be sure nothing else was missed. Let us
know how he is doing & what the Adeno results yield.

Tracie

Kimtums

Original Poster
Hi guys! Thanks for answering!

I don’t have a copy of the bloodwork, but she went over all of it with us and it really all seemed fine, she’s so confused as well as we are.
He had a large amount of pinworms in his fecal sample 2 weeks ago, we think it’s from the feeders that I started giving him 3 weeks ago.
This literally all started after I started giving him live food. I usually only do veggies and fruit.

We can’t know what’s exactly in the lungs unless we do CT scan and a procedure that goes into his lungs and sucks out a sample of whatever’s in there. The only thing stopping us from that is
1. We need to make sure it’s not adenovirus first. Otherwise it’s a waste of time & money.
&
2. Money. It’s another $2,000 on top of what we already have spent.
(We’re young we don’t have that kind of money)

So we have to wait for the results and if it’s negative for adenovirus then we will go through with it and figure out a way.

So,
They’re treating him with everything they possibly can think of, I’m gonna call soon and ask to give him probiotics as well since I heard antibiotics can really mess them up.

She explained that he doesn’t have any infection in his bones, his calcium is great, his white blood cell is normal.
I’m going to try to get a copy of everything when I go there today and I’ll try to post it here
106500-1955650244.jpg

Kimtums

Original Poster
This is how he was a few hours after his seizure 2 days ago.we didn’t think he was even going to make it for the drive to the vet.
106500-3643678748.jpg

Kimtums

Original Poster
claudiusx":3spblmk0 said:
Hi there,

Would you be able to post up the blood test results so we can give you a second opinion on if everything really is fine?
Sometimes little details in the bloodwork point to something that might have been missed.

How bad was the pinworm infection? Did the vet give you the counts?

And lastly? Could you give us the amounts of and of which medicines you were given?

Poor Cobain :(
Hopefully the ADV test comes back negative.

-Brandon

I know he was on tms for a URI and Panacure for pinworms

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
My heart goes out to Corbin and your family. I'm hoping for a good healthy recovery for ALL! Let's go Corbin. Pull through, bud.

Vanessa

Kimtums

Original Poster
Cobain had a big seizure this afternoon and they tried to do cpr but he didn’t make it. Our hearts are broken.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry for your loss. Beardies are so precious and great as animal children and when they leave us, especially this way, it hurts a lot.

Kimtums

Original Poster
Thank you guys so much. They did an autopsy, they think it was cancer :(( so so sad my poor boy must’ve been so uncomfortable

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry for your little Cobain passing, that is so heart breaking. :cry:
So many are developing cancer.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom