My heat lamp glows red hot. is it supposed to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
My heat lamp exploded the other day and we had a spare lamp. It glows red hot. Is that supposed to happen?
106253-9333433555.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No I would check the fixture -- either the bulb is too much or the fixture is defective --- your not using that for a basking lamp are you?
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a CHE. They can get REALLY hot on the surface but don't usually glow. There may be something wrong with it. I tend to avoid them in favor of heat projector bulbs for overnight heat because of the burn/melt risk.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If it's a new CHE, I'd strongly suggest getting a sparky in to check the fitting , get him to check the powerboard , and the wall socket too , and maybe check the fuse box ( lot of old houses are running old cupper wire fuses and poorly installed / damaged wiring ).

What brand is the CHE ?
What brand is the ceramic fitting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom