Neck Problems with Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

matothett

My daughter was handling our 8 month old dragon and dropped him. Now it appears his neck is stuck pointing to the right and down. his eye is also a little dark. Yesterday if handled he would kind of roll to that side. Today the rolling has stopped but his neck is in the same position. What do i need to do here?

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello! I'm not an expert or anything, but I'd take him to a reptile vet, or just watch him for a few days. I hope your little guy heals up soon!! Does he show signs of pain when you touch him? has his appetite changed? is he still basking? :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does he have a black beard? I would be making a vet appt and get him in for X rays -- the rolling does not sound good
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Don't hesitate , this is a vet emergency , find a good reptile vet and get your dragon to their ER very likely xrays will be required to determine the full extent of it's injuries .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, I hate to hear about the accident. That is terrible.
I agree, I would definitely get him to the vet as this should be considered an emergency.
He has some type of neck & needs to be evaluated as soon as possible.
Does he have a black beard right now & can he walk on all fours or not?

Please let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am so sorry I was afraid of something like this had happened--- :(
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry that this happened, he is not suffering now. I am sorry for your loss. :cry:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom