Bulb Blew Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Does anyone else have trouble with ZooMed Repti Basking Spot Lamps? This is the second bulb that's blown on me in two months, and it's getting a bit frustrating having to go back to PetCo and exchange them...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What wattage is it and what is the rating of your fixture?

The reptile bulbs tend to blow quickly on me, that's why I don't use them.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Mine last for quite awhile --- I am wondering if your fixture is defective - you might try a different fixture to see if that is causing the issue
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi, guys...

My bulb is a 100w, and that's the max for the Fluker's Mini Sun Dome I use. On a side note, this is the second fixture I've gone through, too, so the fixture is relatively new as well.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
ComicBookMama":162qdvbc said:
Hi, guys...

My bulb is a 100w, and that's the max for the Fluker's Mini Sun Dome I use. On a side note, this is the second fixture I've gone through, too, so the fixture is relatively new as well.
May I recommend the Exo Tera Intense Basking bulb I use a 75 watt and it heats up my 40 gallon aquarium well and it is at most Petco, Petsmart, and Pet Supplies Plus (Though Pet Supplies Plus is not as common.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's probably the problem. I wouldn't max out your fixture. Even though they "should" be compatible, I've found that bulbs magically last a lot longer when they are much lower than what the fixture is actually rated for.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback! Will look into getting a higher rated fixture and maybe look into the other type of bulb while I'm at it. Sheesh... it's tough work being a beardie slave! :lol:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ComicBookMama":3rn3f2zm said:
Hi, guys...

I'd ditch the Fluker's dome fixture, is obviously defective.

You could try taking it back to the shop you bought it from if you still have the receipt and demand an exchange for better fitting (NOT another Flukers), unfit for purpose / dangerous / faulty ( tell them your sparky told you "it is faulty").

If you used PAYPAL to pay for it, go to the transaction history, find the transaction and open a transaction dispute , and ( don't wait for responses ) immediately escalate a dispute claim.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":126mzy8r said:
ComicBookMama":126mzy8r said:
Hi, guys...

You could try taking it back to the shop you bought it from if you still have the receipt and demand an exchange for better fitting (NOT another Flukers), unfit for purpose / dangerous / faulty ( tell them your sparky told you "it is faulty").

If you used PAYPAL to pay for it, go to the transaction history, find the transaction and open a transaction dispute , and ( don't wait for responses ) immediately escalate a dispute claim.

Thanks so much for the feedback... this is actually my second fixture; the first (not a Flukers but can't recall the name brand) just up and quit working on me one day, but it was on the older side. Petco only carries Flukers domes, so I can try returning it for a refund after I've ordered a new fixture online. Luckily, Petco is pretty good about returns within a 60 day period. And with the number of times I'm in and out of the store every week buying crickets, they know me pretty well and treat me nicely! :lol:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ComicBookMama":2itks45l said:
kingofnobbys":2itks45l said:
ComicBookMama":2itks45l said:
Hi, guys...

Thanks so much for the feedback... this is actually my second fixture; the first (not a Flukers but can't recall the name brand) just up and quit working on me one day, but it was on the older side. Petco only carries Flukers domes, so I can try returning it for a refund after I've ordered a new fixture online. Luckily, Petco is pretty good about returns within a 60 day period. And with the number of times I'm in and out of the store every week buying crickets, they know me pretty well and treat me nicely! :lol:

There is the problem , if the cabling inside your house is fine , buying from the local pet shop is problematic quality-wise (you will be limited to shopbrand or maybe the cheap&nasty brands (Fluker say) , better off buying online from specialty ebayer or visiting the local hardware shop, the fittings will be better quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom