My bearded dragon wont poop in her tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!!

Last week i bought a new 40 gallon tank for my two month old beardie. She was previously in another 40 gallon tank (yes, i will be getting her a larger tank as she grows, but right now this size works.) When she first moved into this tank i noticed she hadnt pooped all day which was strange because she usually poops 1-2 times a day; she didnt poop at all the next day either so i took her out of the tank to prepare her a poop bath, and she pooped right when she got out!! I didnt think anything of it at the time. Once again, she didnt poop for 2 days, and on the second day when i got home from school she ran other to the glass doors on her tank and started scratching to get out, right when i let her out she pooped!! She hasnt pooped all day today either, and im worried that she now thinks shes just going to poop all over my house to keep her own tank clean.. In her old tank she ONLY pooped in her old water dish, I've put her old water dish in there for now but she still just wants to poop outside of her home. Is this normal? What should i do to train her to poop in her tank again? And is it normal for a 2 month old bearded dragon to hold her poop for 2 days?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not really usually they do poop everyday and since you know shes gonna poop I would take her out place her on a spot where she can poop or cover an area up where she can poop and easy to clean up -- wait till she gets older and she wont poop for months -- that is normal for them -- at least shes on a schedule to poop --- mine poops every morning - in his tank - I have tile in the tank so its easy clean up
Karrie

kayleeanddallas

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ak04ng9 said:
Not really usually they do poop everyday and since you know shes gonna poop I would take her out place her on a spot where she can poop or cover an area up where she can poop and easy to clean up -- wait till she gets older and she wont poop for months -- that is normal for them -- at least shes on a schedule to poop --- mine poops every morning - in his tank - I have tile in the tank so its easy clean up
Karrie

Thanks!! And I'm looking forward to when she gets older haha, My tank has all carpet. The first time she pooped on my moms heating pad.. and yesterday she pooped on a towel. I will try to let her poop on the floor or a towel. Thanks for the advice

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here is a tip -- you can go to your local home improvement store and look for some textured non adhesive shelf liner -- cut it to the size of your tank and clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle --- its cheap and insects cant get under neath
Karrie

kayleeanddallas

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2gq2eutt said:
Here is a tip -- you can go to your local home improvement store and look for some textured non adhesive shelf liner -- cut it to the size of your tank and clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle --- its cheap and insects cant get under neath
Karrie

Thanks for the advice!! I'll def go check that out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom