Update On Opal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I recently got my baby fancy Opal, she is 6 3/4inches long and I believe she's Hypo, as all her nails are clear, I posted a thread on her in introductions, so this is an update! She's been eating her mealworms, and FINALLY started eating her veggies which I'm SO happy about! She has been doing really well. She started shedding on Monday, and I always give her a bath on Mondays. So when I gave her the bath, it really loosened up her skin, so she ended up shedding ALL her skin that day!! So I'm also happy that there was no problems with her shedding. She has a specific sleeping position that she stays in every night, she'll go up to the wall of her hide/tank and keep her bottom half on the ground, but rest her top half up on the wall :lol: its really cute, I'll try to get a pic. But this morning when I went to turn her lights on, she was in that position, except IN her water bowl! I was scared at first, thinking she would have drown, but fortunately the water was only about 1/2 inch deep, so her top half was above water :wink:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would take the water bowl out at nite --- and please no more meal worms -- the exoskeleton on the worm is too harsh on the baby--- you can feed super worms as treats only or to get them to salad bowl like 3 tops and you can feed BSFL to get her to the salad bowl as well and use as many as you like as they are a good staple feeder --- feed first thing and staple feeder like dubia roaches after about 30 minutes or so -- make sure you add worms to salad and she sees you doing this----- you want her eating her salad too
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great news! :)

I'm glad Opal is doing good and settling in.

Since you introduced her, you should start her a thread in the beardie tales section of this forum so that you can have all your updates in one place. It's nice to be able to look back on stories and pictures of your dragons like that.

I could move this thread over there for you if you'd like, and then you could continue to use it as Opals journal of sorts :)
A bunch of us have threads over there anyways, you should too for opal :)

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awesome! Now just make sure you post lots of pictures and keep us updated on your little one! It really is awesome to be able to look back and see old pictures of your dragon, and relive old memories. This is the best way to do it IMO :D
I'm glad I did this with my past dragons, and it's why I continue to do so with my current :)

-Brandon

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thats awesome! I got my other beardie when he was already 7. So I wanted to see what it was like raising a baby! and. I also just love beardies. And couldn't wait to get another :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom