My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Rosie has been asleep for a couple of weeks. We are planning on a trip to Northern AZ next month for a week, hopefully a few days longer if my boss doesn't mind. We are thinking of waking her up and taking her with us because she tends to wake up whenever she feels compelled to and we are concerned that she will wake up while we are gone and wonder where we are and why she's all alone. When she was younger she'd sleep for a week, maybe two then wake up for a day or to and repeat thsi process all winter long. She's been sleeping longer then she used to.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
It's been almost a year since I posted here last. Rosie is sleeping all day a lot in this last spring. She's 11 now. She usually wakes up for good in March and doesn't sleep all day long after that, except for this year. It's like she's getting sleepier, like I tend to do now. She's wakes up when we wake her up, once in a while we notice she woke up and we are like "Rosie!" we miss her when she sleeps all the time. Lil Squirt turned 6 (I think, I lost track). She has never brumated but she lays eggs a lot, thankfully she's not laid any eggs in the last several months. Her hormones get her to being ornery or something.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
It's been awhile since I've been on here. Rosie is now 12 and sleeping more this year than she's been awake. I'm guessing we won't have her for very much longer. Lil Squirt just turned 7 on June 18th (2019). Her favorite spot is still my shoulder, day or night.
14006-2177018989.jpg
This is Lil Squirt with a horny toad sitting in our window looking outside. This toad was let go after the picture was taken.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Here's the picture I was looking for, it took me awhile. It's a picture of Rosie and Lil Squirt who went with us in September of 2017 to Payson, "AZ. On the way back we stopped at one of the overlooks of Roosevelt Lake in Northern Arizona just southeast of the Phoenix area and north of Globe, Arizona. My husband had put both girls on this rock near to each other then as he was getting ready to take the picture, Lil Squirt moved close to Rosie so they were nose to nose. She did the same thing a few days ago outside of our home. She (lil Squirt) misses her sister (Rosie) as Rosie is 12 now and she sleeps all day for many days in a row, even now in the summer. We all miss her when she sleeps. This picture made the cover on the Bearded Dragon Calendar for 2018 a first for us.
14006-442817109.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds like a fun trip! It's cool to hear the story of that photo. I happen to have the 2018 calendar sitting right in front of me at my desk! My guy is in the large photo for May so I keep that edition tacked up on the wall.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I understand that. Bill has made color copies of that cover on card stock so we can have it up on the wall and protected at the same time. We got two copies of that calendar so we have one up 24/7 on the wall and the other wrapped up and protected.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
A week or so ago Rosie let us wake her up for a day. We usually sleep with them when we nap, not overnight, and I had Rosie on my chest, my husband had Lil Squirt on him until Lil Squirt wanted to be with her big sister (Rosie) and walked off him and over to me. She bonded with Rosie the first summer we had her, after Rosie woke up for good from her brumation and we had both of them outside with us at the same time and Lil Squirt watched Rosie closely, I believe it was to see how she handled 'this outside thing'' Lil Squirt (she's 7 now) and we've had her since early November of 2012. Lil Squirt has been bonded with Rosie ever since that first summer with Rosie outside (May or June of 2013.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
14006-1613200042.jpg
Here is a pic of Rosie and Lil Squirt on the tree well in our front yard. Lil Squirt is on Rosie.

14006-7473772536.jpg
This is a picture my husband took of a lizard we see roaming around our home in Southern Arizona.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a great picture of your two! Lil squirt definitely seems to be enjoying the outside time LOL

The wild lizard looks a lot like the wild lizards we have here too. We call them blue-bellies :D

-Brandon

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, I appreciate it. I used to be on here a lot but I got into different things. I will be on here more often, unless things get in the way. I need to go back through this thread of mine to see if I Rosie is 14 (as I think) or is she 13? I lost track somewhere along the way.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Lil Squirt, 8 years old now, still prefers 24/7 shoulder times. Today was the Palominas, AZ Christmas parade. In this parade, anyone can be in it. All you have to do is put some Christmas things on your vehicle and get into the line. It wasn't as long as it usually was in past years. We usually bring Rosie and Lil Squirt along but we didn't this time because it was just tooo cold for them, we were wearing warm clothes. Lil Squirt had gotten herself out of her sleep hide when we got back but Rosie seems to stay in her hide unless we get her up. With Rosie, it's hard to tell whether she is awake or not, she seems to keep her eyes closed most of the time unless I ask her to open her eyes to let me know if she's awake, she usually does that but today she didn't. Having an older beardie is a new experience for us.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Rosie is awake, even though she seems to keep her eyes closed all the time. Lil Squirt is our 8-year-old. They are both girls and both have laid eggs. Rosie, thankfully, doesn't anymore. Lil Squirt has laid eggs, we can always tell with her as she starts head-bobbing, which she has today (maybe yesterday) once or twice. If she lays eggs, it will probably be awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom