Anemic Dragon Going for Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I'm glad to hear he is maintaining his weight so well right now!
I think he will gradually start eating more once the Fortaz gets out of his system. Antibiotics
really take a toll on their system & destroy the gut flora in their tummy which affects their appetite
& digestion, too.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

ClovisDragon

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
I'd like to thank you for your kind responses and advises. We put Star down on Tuesday before Thanksgiving :( because he could no longer hold himself up, and his eyes rolled back. He was very week on Monday and we took him back to the vet. His blood count was 14, and the vet gave him iron and B12 shots. Tuesday morning he still ate when we syringe-fed him, but at noon he was barely able to hold himself up.

RIP Star. Forever in our hearts.

Drache613":16s3xetm said:
Hello!

Thanks for the update on Star. I'm glad to hear he is still eating, but hopefully we can get
him eating his greens & veggies soon. That's good his tongue is still pink! I'm not sure why
his white blood cell counts were a bit wacky but it does happen. His uric acid levels are still
up a little but not too bad. The AST levels looks in range, also.
Everything else looks pretty normal really.
How is his weight doing?
I'm glad he is done with his Fortaz now, he will be happy about that.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you had to put Star down, that is horrible & at Thanksgiving, too. :cry:
It is heartbreaking to lose one, I hate to hear this.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom