Hello and thank you from Rajah and I

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Oh cool thank you for the info Brandon. I wasn't sure because I know nothing about the morphs except a little from reading online. I wondered if he was a leatherback! I'm not sure about the nails they look clear with like a brown line down the center. He is a sweet boy. Here he is today...no more squirming when being held....except during baths...also he ate like....five big dubias today and I don't even want to know how many silkworms.

105973-2558498457.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-5160209071.jpg
Another growth spurt post shed...I know Rajah is a little bit of a... chubly... But he doesn't really eat many high fat items mostly crickets dubias bsfl and silkworms. Sometimes grasshoppers and occasionally superworms. He does eat a horrifying amount though. Letting him waddle around the house more now that he's getting bigger and bolder. Also Rajah is five months old now yay. 16-17"

Rajah is a beautiful dragon! He's definitely well fed and happy. I notice he likes to pose for that camera too lol. He's very lucky to have such a good Momma!

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
So....Rajah is about five months old. I have no idea if he is actually a he. So I tried to look and Rajah scratched me :/. So I bribed with bugs while I stuck my phone under tail. Lol. Sorry these are the best photos I could get. Can you tell if it's a boy Rajah or a girl Rajah?

105973-9334148769.jpg
105973-7724374425.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Rajah is surely a beautiful leatherback dragon ! Unfortunately that angle won't show the gender. The tail needs to be arched up high like in this picture [ scroll past the paragraph ]

https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

I can see that this dragon is well loved + pampered. Isn't it amazing to see them grow so quickly ! I do want to add a word of caution. He is so well fed that he's actually over fed. Yes, even at his age that can happen. The amount of protein he's taking in is extreme and he will develop in to a pretty fat lizard that does not move much + be at risk for gout and joint problems earlier in life. We all like to see a healthy well fed animal but even in their " teenage " stage they can become overweight just as humans can. So you might kill 2 birds with 1 stone by feeding him a few less insects. It will save you money, too and might get him more interested in veggies. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Rajah is looking great!
If you post up a pic like AHBD suggested, we will be able to determine sex :)

-Brandon

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Thank you! I am cutting back on the amount he eats...I wasn't sure because I know he's still young...and he will pretty much eat indefinitely. Plus I mix his insects into his salad but he definitely won't touch any of the veggies or even the fruit on purpose...and will even spit it out if accidentally ingested. I think he is a he...because there is like a flat area in between the bump kind of separating...last time I lifted his tail I got scratched...so gonna hold off on that lol...but will see if I can get better pics at some point.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Rajah got his tank cleaned....before photo...where he's all happy....then a photo where he was uncerimoniously placed in his ten gallon which he basically takes up the whole thing...and finally after cleaning and he's super pissed off at me again. At least he didn't scratch me lol. Now he's rage digging in his hide.
105973-7513951710.jpg
105973-8135882062.jpg
105973-5216138097.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-5356300985.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving! More Rajah... He has actually leaned out some as he has also gained even more length. He's almost six months now, he's also over 17 inch. I assume his growth will slow at this point? He seems pretty healthy he has his little routines and appears to be pretty happy.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
It's also amazing how docile he's gotten to be... Doesn't scratch me anymore lol. He's like a beanie baby docile now. I can touch his little feet and move them around and pick him up and tote him around and he likes it. No more squirming. He's never been aggressive though thank goodness...but he was scared and would squirm and run from my hand. Now he's like extremely chill. Never opened his mouth at me even as a baby. He's a little sweetheart

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-2860100707.jpg

Rajah new favorite activity...watching TV. He was very interested in the TV....also curled up and went to sleep it was super cute.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom