MBD beardie diagnosed with a heart murmur. What do???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear, bless him! It sounds like he is getting a bit spoiled perhaps? :D
It sounds like you might have caught this relatively early if he's responding so well to the
treatment right now.
Stubbs will be known Nationwide!

Tracie

Itio

Original Poster
Things are going down hill quickly for Stubbs at the moment and he has a vet appointment in an hour. He stopped eating and is extremely lethargic. He has lost significant weight over the weekend despite me syringe feeding him. I don't know if it is a problem with the mediciation, his heart murmur, or anything else. I will keep you guys updated. I pray for the best.

Itio

Original Poster
Just got back from the vet and the outlook isn't good. He was given fluids and I was given carnivore care to give him daily. We are lowering his dose of heart medications in case it is the medication causing the problem. My vet changed his diagnosis to congestive heart failure, which, while lethal because there is no cure, he can live with if he can perk up.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Darn!

Sending good thoughts your way. Hopefully the lower dose will help! Keep us update!

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that, poor guy! How is he doing tonight?
Is his beard normal color or has it been dark?
He had been doing so well too. I hope you are able to get him stabilized so he starts to feel
better. I will be thinking about you both. Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Itio

Original Poster
Stubbs is acting more like himself today than yesterday. He still looks horrible, but at least he is sort of moving around... He is taking syringe food well today, having eaten almost 10ml of carnivore care and repashy's veggie burger.
Not once during this has he shown any typical stress signs such as black bearding. He did puff up a little at the vet while he was being poked and prodded, but other than that, nope.

Thank you guys for all of your thoughts. I will keep you all updated as things progress.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, he looks really sweet, how is he doing today?
At least his beard has been normal color & hasn't been black bearding so hopefully he
isn't feeling too bad right now.
Is he interested in food at all? We are all pulling for him, I hope he starts to feel better &
starts to be more like himself.

Tracie

Itio

Original Poster
He has zero interest in food, but he at the very least will open his mouth and swallow carnivore care. Right now, he is being fed straight carnivore care in the morning with his drugs and then fed a mixture of carnivore care, repta-boost, and beardie buffet in the afternoon to help beef him back up. He's never really held weight well (it took nearly a year to get him from just under 300g to 360g, which he was before this happened).
The hardest part is trying to keep him hydrated because he won't drink water or eat anything solid and whatever he does eat goes through him so quickly at the moment.
He actually put himself to bed last night, so that is an improvement. He used to always go i to his hide when the lights turned off and he hadn't for several days.
Things still look bleak, but... here's to hoping!

Itio

Original Poster
Stubbs unfortunately did not make it. I found him dead this morning. He is in a better place now.

If you want to see his full story, take a glance at his instagram @spunkymisterstubbs it will be archived to look back at whenever anyone needs to.

Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom