Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone!

New bearded dragon owner here. I have a shy juvenile male. He wasn't housed in the best conditions with his previous owner and he's new, so he's still exhibiting stress marks and laziness symptoms. You can read more here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=251767&p=1907938#p1907938

I won't force any interaction, but I want my beardie to know I'm his safe and loving mamma :) He took food from my hand for the first time!

Do your bearded dragons like to be talked to? When I talk softly to him he closes his eyes and seems to enjoy it. He also likes to be pet on his back.

I'd love to hear about more ways you guys interact and bond with your scale babies :)

Selkie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Selkie1993":1kaqsc0e said:
Hi Everyone!

New bearded dragon owner here. I have a shy juvenile male. He wasn't housed in the best conditions with his previous owner and he's new, so he's still exhibiting stress marks and laziness symptoms. You can read more here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=251767&p=1907938#p1907938

I won't force any interaction, but I want my beardie to know I'm his safe and loving mamma :) He took food from my hand for the first time!

Do your bearded dragons like to be talked to? When I talk softly to him he closes his eyes and seems to enjoy it. He also likes to be pet on his back.

I'd love to hear about more ways you guys interact and bond with your scale babies :)

Selkie
He going through relocation stress this will go away in a week or two. You've posted a lot recently.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Yep I know ^_^

Just trying to learn as much as I can to make my little one comfortable.

Any interaction/bonding advice?

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Selkie1993":360a8bp4 said:
Yep I know ^_^

Just trying to learn as much as I can to make my little one comfortable.

Any interaction/bonding advice?
You can snuggle with him, hand feed him his veggies and crickets/dubias/BSFL or what ever you feed him for insects. Handling is the best way to bond but its best not to handle them not as much when you first get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom