Basking Platform - Help, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I have a spiderwood branch in Figment's hab for basking, but of late he has stopped using it. He's hanging out in his hammock instead, and I don't think it's getting warm enough for him (but that's another post).

At any rate, I'd like to get him a proper basking platform sized for an adult beardie, so I won't have to replace it when he gets his full growth. Does anyone out there make good platforms I could buy? I ran a search on Google, and got mainly off-the-shelf platforms that don't look big enough and a lot of DIYs, and I am NOT a handy sort. I'd rather pay someone to make a proper platform for me.

The only thing that looked like it might work, though I worry about the weight in a glass hab, was a cinder block (single hole, not double) with three bricks to make steps to the top.

Could you kind folks show me what you use for a basking area in your dragon's home? Do you use just a rock, a piece of driftwood, or something fancier? Help!

~Chris

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Chris,

I just use larger flat rocks that I find.
It makes for a fun little trip to go out to a forest or river and look for rocks and driftwood.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks - Karrie, I saw that branch when I was out shopping the other day, and now I'm kicking myself for not picking it up. I just remember wondering if it was big enough for a grown beardie. Brandon, do you think a rock big enough for an adult beardie would pose a danger of cracking the bottom of a glass tank? I noticed that you've got nice, durable wood habs for your babies.

Thanks again!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here is a pic of Hiccup sitting on that log
97951-5687346519.jpg
97951-2006586134.jpg
He loves that log --- gives him different ways to sit and use it
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you---- he stands up on the floor and he lays on it from the other side w/ his head on the bottom part---- I have the same log in Blazes tank and hes utilizing it as well ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom