About to buy a second bearded dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
I've had my current Beardie since September 2014 and he's been doing very well and is very happy. I bought(saved lol) him from a pet store!
78165-9038168233.jpg
78165-9940152922.jpg
This is who I just recently bought from https://www.rainbowbeardeddragons.com
He is a Possible Triple Het Male thats 4 months old. He has a 66% chance of being het for Hypo, Trans and Wits.
Gonna be putting him in this https://www.petsmart.com/featured-brands/thrive/thrive-front-double-door-opening-terrarium-desert-essentials-kit---40-gallon-54712.html?cgid=5000640
Obviously just a regular 40 gal would be cheaper, but he's gonna be going on top of my current beardies cage and it would be a pain removing the screen top vs just opening the front doors!
Gonna be using the same lighting setup, Reptisun 10 T5HO and a 65W DuraMax bulb!
Super excited to get him!!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Congrats on your new dragon!
Make sure you make an introduction thread for him when he comes that way we all can see tons of pictures! :)

-Brandon

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
That's great! Just brace yourself for the possibility that the little buggers will conspire telepathically to brumate at the same time like my two are doing right now. We thought, oh, we'll rescue [Helmut] and when Otto goes under, we won't have dragon withdrawal...

<bzzzzt> Wrong! Even though they have no contact with one another, they somehow conspired to retreat to their hides on the same night, leaving their poor parents bereft of lizardy goodness for the past month or so, so far.

Fear not though, because the good folks here on bd.org were quick to offer support and helpful suggestions like "you could always get another one". Yeah, great work guys... although...hmm... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best of luck with your new friend, and definitely do an introduction once everyone's settled!

So excited for you! Your first baby has such a beautiful color. I want a second one but don’t know if they’ll house well together. Are you keeping yours in separate tanks?

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
allykanyce":3jd30on6 said:
So excited for you! Your first baby has such a beautiful color. I want a second one but don’t know if they’ll house well together. Are you keeping yours in separate tanks?
Yes they’re both males and that wouldn’t go well. You could house two females together, but two males would just fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom