Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s been doing this for 4 days now where she puffs her beard or she opens her mouth. Today I saw that she had a lot of saliva in the mouth. I gave her a bath on Friday, the water was 77 to 82. The basking temps normally are 103 to 107 the cool side is sometime 80 but it can go to 75. I’m switching to ceramic tiling and replacing reptile carpet because it’s going cold very fast. Lastly the humidity is 35 to 40 ish.

Mishathedragon

Original Poster
KarrieRee":278yo8lz said:
Pics would be good of her mouth and what are you using for a UVB you did not mention --- and how are you taking the basking temps?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and click on pic when it comes up
Karrie
I’m using a 10.0 t5 ho lamp and measure with a a digital thermometer on one side and hygrometer and thermometer on the other. I’m going to vet tomorrow so I’m sorry for just bothering with the question.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like the temps are good -- it it possible she has aspirated some water-- have you given her a bath recently and she was drinking to fast? And you are not bothering us w/ the question--- dont ever feel that way that is what this forum is for
Karrie

Mishathedragon

Original Poster
KarrieRee":kpemab7w said:
Sounds like the temps are good -- it it possible she has aspirated some water-- have you given her a bath recently and she was drinking to fast? And you are not bothering us w/ the question--- dont ever feel that way that is what this forum is for
Karrie
I have given the bath a day ago and I was watching her the whole time. I put a little water on her head to help with shedding so I most likely was at fault for causing her aspirating some water. And I want to clean her tank just in case some other factor may have caused it. I would like to know what you use to clean tanks or if you can send a link to how to clean a tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can use vinegar/ water in a spray bottle 50/50--- and paper towels -- you can spray her decor down w/ it too if its like a resin/ plastic decor ( not wood tho) and rinse off in sink --- take her out of her tank while doing this and let it air out a little before putting her back in it --- the smell dissipates pretty quickly w/ the vinegar----
Karrie

Mishathedragon

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30pua7uv said:
You can use vinegar/ water in a spray bottle 50/50--- and paper towels -- you can spray her decor down w/ it too if its like a resin/ plastic decor ( not wood tho) and rinse off in sink --- take her out of her tank while doing this and let it air out a little before putting her back in it --- the smell dissipates pretty quickly w/ the vinegar----
Karrie
Ok thanks and can I use dawn and hot water to clean tiling

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes and the vinegar/ water works good on that too -- that is what I use to clean mine w/
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom