Trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazyman

I would just like to know if a trip would be possible for my baby. We would be driving around 12 hours away. I am not worried about the car ride, as he is very calm when handled and just relaxes. I do have a container for him to go in with a few hides, so he would not be handled the entire ride. What I am worried about is when we get there. We were thinking about buying a ten gallon tank, which would fit our beardie as of right now (he is 2.5 months old and only around 6-7 inches). It is just for this weekend. We will bring his light fixtures and a few of the things from his tank so that it doesnt seem as if its a completely new environment. Would this be ok? I know many people have their beardies in tanks this small. All of the reptile boarding facilities "near" us are around 2-3 hours away, so we thought it would make more sense to just bring him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds good just make sure you take the temp probes or heat gun so you can take temps when you get him set up--- and it wouldnt hurt to take him out of the carrier and set him on top of it while riding -- they like to look out the windows or at least Hiccup does
Karrie

jazyman

Original Poster
Ok thank you! Yes I was going to bring a small blanket so he could ride in my lap and look out the window. Should be fun. I can't wait until hes big enough where I can put him in a leash so that he can go out with us at rest stops!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Definitely you dont want to lose him that is for sure --- and they are fast when so young
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He will love going on a trip with you & they usually travel very well.
You can use one of those small dog/cat plush carriers so he rides in comfort with his little
fleece blankie. He will be ok without UVB for short periods of time but it would be a good idea
to take a basking light for him also using a light stand, or other method of hanging a basking
light for him.

I am sure he will do just fine, be sure he is safe so he wont get lost or hurt.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom