New here and seeking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there!

I'm a little bit late, but welcome to the site!

How are things going so far with your new baby? :D

-Brandon

Repti44

Original Poster
Doing good so far, downs dubia’s with a passion but not very interested in veggies lol. So My heating cage issues should soon be taken care of. I recently Bought a homemade melamine cage that is 4 feet long by 2 feet wide by 18 inches high, And came with a new zoo med hood fixture with a brand new zoo med T5 5.0 UV bulb (will switch out for 10.0 soon), for $80. The glass is broken on it, so I will replace it with some 1/8 inch acrylic for now until I can switch out the glass tracks for a thicker track. It Previously held a reticulated python, so I need to clean the cage out really good. Trying to find the F10 cleaner previously mentioned but having a hard time finding a source that has it Amazon doesn’t carry it anymore and didn’t see it on chewies. Would zoom meds wipeout work OK for right now?PS, sorry for all the capitalization and grammar issues trying to use the voice to text from my phone, I will edit the post Later as well as add pictures of the cage.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tank looks nice! You'll probably need to add more ventilation though. Watch your cool side temps.

-Brandon

Repti44

Original Poster
Three month update: In three months he has exploded in size. In three months time he's has gone from a tiny little thing to looking like he is an adult. He loves his Dubia roaches, as well as collard greens, mustard greens, and dandelion greens. Here are some pictures of him Oct. 4 and him today (yes the cage needs more stuff in it, I made a hammock for him but he didn’t want anything to do with it, actually moving to his original basking rock when I put it in the corner on the cool side lol, I don’t think he likes change very much). I bought him a dual sided pet dish from a local thrift store (I will be properly cleaning it of course) and will be putting his greens in one side and water in the other. Yes I know that water in the cage is usually advised against due to the humidity issue but I have the opposite issue, I can’t get the humidity above 21-26% to the recommended 30-40% ( Utah is dry lol). That combined with covering a portion of the vents should help bring the humidity up. If I remember right I think he was 6 weeks when I bought him lol. As a side note, Any suggestions for cage decor is appreciated (A log or branch is on the list). Thanks and sorry for the delay in posting and responding to stuff, I’ve been up to my eyeballs busy.
106227-5103856884.jpg
106227-8999223411.jpg
106227-68624891.jpg
106227-1752193934.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The tank is great size- but where is the climbing decor and hide? PetSmart has great decor for bearded dragons---
Karrie

Repti44

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ssut0u6o said:
The tank is great size- but where is the climbing decor and hide? PetSmart has great decor for bearded dragons---
Karrie
His basking rock is actually a rock cave lol. As far as climbing decor I’m working on that. Not sure what to put in other than one of the typical branches.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Browse PetSmart on line for habitat decor - they have good stuff- if you have PetSmart or Petco in your town go look- stuff is easy to clean- here is a pic of blazes tank most everything came from PetSmart
97951-7863920475.jpg
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow he has grown a lot! Great job! :)

His new tank looks awesome! Just gotta decorate it up a bit! :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom