Respiratory infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmwyer

Hey, just popping in to say my 2 cents again. I have a resolve from the vet visit I took my girl to today. I tried Tylan as a nebulizing treatment, but honestly if you could afford to get a nebulizer and Tylan, then I would say take her to the vet instead. You do not want to end up in my position. That being said, money wise, have you spoken to you vet about how you know she is sick, but you can't current afford a vet bill? Some, very rare places, have their own payment plans, but most offer outside financing options as well as what I use: Care Credit. I have 8 animals (3 cats, 2 ferrets, 3 snakes, 1 bearded dragon, and also 3 tarantulas, but the tarantulas never see a vet as they really don't have tarantula vets that I have ever heard) and the Care Credit has been a major, literal life line. If a vet bill is too much for me at that time I use it so they can be seen right away. If I have the funds, I pay without using it. But when I'm in a pinch, it is amazing to have. I know you are young, so you may not qualify, but it never hurts to try. And never hurts to explain to your vet that you dragon is sick and in need of care. The most they can do is tell you no they won't work with you and point in the direction of financing or credit cards, both which usually require some type of credit score.
Here's the link to my post for more insight:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=249975

Now, for some advice on how to help her for free......if it hasn't been mentioned, keeping temps higher at night, getting humidity lower (dehumidifier if you have one or know someone who has one you can borrow), some say bee pollen, serrapeptase like you can find on beardeddragon.co, and reptaid can help mild cases. Those last three do require money however, but it would be less than a vet visit.
Also, off the wall suggestion: Loads of people make gofundme acounts for literally everything, maybe try to make one and ask for enough to cover potential costs and explain your situation and how you've already spent so much and you're not a bad owner, just a tapped out one! It happens, and it doesn't make you a bad owner. You want her to be helped. It's only those that don't seek any help, in my opinion, that are truly a bad owner. Though, after today's vet visit, I feel a bit bummed myself, but still trying to remain positive that I DID continue to seek help and finally received it! And maybe a local animal shelter or rescue has a fund/program to help animals who are sick and their owners can't afford treatments. I would check that too. I'm not sure it's a thing, but I do know they offer low cost services to cats and dogs at the ones around here, so maybe they could help a reptile in need too?? You could offer to volunteer or something to help sort of pay them back. :dontknow:

My beardie just got over his respiratory infection. I’m assuming yours is making the same gasping/choking noise. Caught it early for mine and a weeks dose of baytril helped clear him out. I know vets can get expensive but I would recommend trying to stock any left over mediation (like baytril, which we all know it a herp vets fav) Incase any illnesses reoccur!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a great sign she is holding her weight & seems to be doing well overall. Has her
coughing decreased any? I hope her appetite stays good also. Let us know how she is
progressing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom