PREGNANT???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I woke up to my beardie scraping her nails against the inside of the cave for at least an hour, shes around 6 months old and I usually does this around night time to "get comfortable" but this was prolonged and lasted a long time, her lights have a timer and were on for two hours at this point, when I got out of bed I went to scoop her out so she could bask and she tried to bite me and hissed at me very loud, this is very unlike leo. His cave has a "Loose" substrate meant for laying eggs just in case, but I just was wondering if anything else is wrong? Also she's shedding so that might make her have an attitude too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The only thing that is coming to mind for this behavior is lighting ----- 6 months of age seems pretty young to be w/ eggs----- what kind of UVB brand and bulb are you using in your tank? Also the temps in tank as well -- what are they are how are you taking them?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It would be extremely unlikely that she would be gravid at such a young age. The chances are basically 0.

But, this is a hormonal time for them, so it could just be her new hormones making her a bit crazy. Are you 100% sure she's a female?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom