Got my second beardies home almost done!

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Got my second beardies home almost done!

Postby KyleSwonger61 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:04 pm

I am getting my second beardie on Tuesday so I went to pet smart today and got a nice 40gal enclosure for him! Spent at least 2 hours adjusting the basking spot and using different bulbs to get the right temp. The boxes under the light is just simulating where my basking spot will be when I get more enclosure furniture tomorrow! Got my spot right at around 105-110 and the cool side at a perfect 80. Getting my T5 fixture and Reptisun T5 tomorrow, so that’ll be getting mounted in the back towards the basking side. Super excited to me getting my new male!
[Click image to enlarge]
KyleSwonger61
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Got my second beardies home almost done!

Postby claudiusx » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:22 pm

How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of your guy and of the setup all done!

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby KyleSwonger61 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Got in my UVB Bulb and fixture today, as well as got a bunch of furniture for my new guy! His basking spot ranges between 105-120 so he can pick where he wants to sit! Decided to add a second household bulb to the opposite side cause I felt like the uvb was putting out a little too much light and I wanted to mix it with white light. Looks very nice and bright! Let me know what everyone thinks as I’m so excited to be getting him Tuesday! [Click image to enlarge]
KyleSwonger61
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:35 am

Looking good! I hope he settles in quickly and loves it =)
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures