BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would give him one time per week 2 at most see if his poop doesnt clear up
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
106089-2205762365.jpg
Every poop has been like this I haven’t given him hornworms in a week I stopped the medication for the pin worms weeks ago he has been eating a little bit of his greens every day temps are still the same nothing has changed he still glass surfs and bobs his head at everything

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The head bobbing is a normal behavior--- the glass surfing is usually a sign they want out--- do you take him out? And what insects are you feeding him?
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
I take him out once a day he usually runs around his cage like a maniac for a hour then crashes under his hammock or sticks his head under his small basking log even though I bought him a huge log to hide in under his uvb I’ve only been feeding him hornworms but I haven’t given them to him in a week because of the watery poop

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so I would get him some staple insect feeders-- crickets or dubia roaches --- they need that protein at least 2-3 times per week --- the horn worms are good for hydration hence the watery poops -- you can also give him some BSFL they are a staple feeder as well --- and they dont need to be dusted as they are calcium enriched -- here are some websites for feeders -- shop around--- on these sites --
https://symtonbsf.com/
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/
www.abdragons.com
www.dubiaroaches.com
https://www.rainbowmealworms.net/
I would get him on staple feeder and see if that clears up your watery poops and variety is good - so you can mix them up
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
What is the life span on the dubia roaches and do they come with food when I purchase them because I can’t breed the roaches but I can keep for 4-5 weeks if they live that long

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The roaches will live for a log time with minimal attention. Offer them fresh veg scraps (they love squash) and they should be pretty content.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They live for a long time -- you can keep them in a tote or a 10 gallon aquarium and feed them carrots for hydration and squash --- I also ordered dubia food and it has lasted a long time --- they are less hassle than crickets --- here is some info on dubias
Dubias
• Wide range of sizes
• Long life span
• Excellent nutrition
• Easy to digest
• High in protein
Convenient for you
• Odorless and soundless
• Will not infest your home
• Can be stored out of sight
• Easy to care for
• Cannot jump, fly or climb
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
If I order large 1 inch dubia roaches how many should I give him per day and how many times a week should I feed him the roaches

Visserion

Original Poster
And as food goes would the stems of the collard greens work well for food since my dragon doesn’t like the stems

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would feed him as many roaches as he will eat every 2-3 days- if they are large its gonna fill him up pretty fast - as far as stems I usually cut mine out - cut down each side and feed the leaves cut up --- you can feed turnip greens too those stems are not as thick as the collards - cut them up and mix in w/ the greens
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
Ok thank you but my landlord said that I’m not allowed to keep the roaches anywhere but a fridge so they aren’t a option I’m going to get Bsfl I know there small so I thought I could give him about 20-30 a day I was wondering how many times I should feed him a week let me know if 20-30 is enough per day or if he needs more

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure on how many he will eat as they are small but a good staple- I would start out w/ 30 at a time - see how many he actually eats --- if he eats them all increase by like 10 at a time and see - is this the only staple he will be eating? You can add super worms in there as well along w/ his salad ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom