Leo will stop at nothing to try and eat my right hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
So as the name suggests, it seems that lately before and after I'll go to feed Flinky he will always bite my right hand, Not in a defensive way but a hunting way.

He is a VERY eager eater but he sometimes has a problem distinguishing fingers from food. He'll snap out of his crazy dinosaur mode after a bit and calm down but it makes taking him out of the feeding bin a lot more interesting.

But is this a normal thing? Has Anyone else's Leo's had a hard time distinguishing fingers from prey items?

Also, He is 6" and 15 grams when I last weighed and measured him, is that a good size and weight? I'm guessing he's around 3-4 months old or so. And also he probably would be longer but he has a regrown tail, And I got him like that so his tail is a bit smaller and stubbier than the typical leopard gecko tail.
View media item 60598View media item 60723View media item 60538

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
I have a bearded dragon rather than a Gecko, but during the times she was fed super worms or BSFL she would nip at my pinkie by mistake at times. I'd guess to them it could easily be mistaken.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah, probably. I guess the movement just excites them.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Look up StickyFrogs on Instagram and you'll see the same sort of thing - they get super excited at feeding time, and they seem to be WAY uncoordinated, so they often chomp (soft mouths) on their human's hand and fingers. (Bonus - it's a fun account to follow) :0)

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Yes when my Leo is hungry she will go after anything put near her lol. He is just excited and hungry, and like mentioned they don’t have the best coordination. I wouldn’t worry about it. He looks like a good size, I’ve honestly never weighed my Leo, I go by the fatness of her tail. His tail looks nice and fat even if it is a regrow.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
JumpinJellyfish":sxkp8rtz said:
Look up StickyFrogs on Instagram and you'll see the same sort of thing - they get super excited at feeding time, and they seem to be WAY uncoordinated, so they often chomp (soft mouths) on their human's hand and fingers. (Bonus - it's a fun account to follow) :0)
Yeah I checked that account out, Looks fun! Those whites treefrogs are cute. :)
Linzloohoo":sxkp8rtz said:
Yes when my Leo is hungry she will go after anything put near her lol. He is just excited and hungry, and like mentioned they don’t have the best coordination. I wouldn’t worry about it. He looks like a good size, I’ve honestly never weighed my Leo, I go by the fatness of her tail. His tail looks nice and fat even if it is a regrow.
Alright, that's good. He's also 20g now. So he's growing, slowly but surely.
Linzloohoo":sxkp8rtz said:
Oooh Rexi's pretty! I love her pattern! :)

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Thanks! She’s a Mack snow. Although she did develop a bit of yellow on her back. She’s about 4 years old now.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oh nice! Yeah Sebastian I'm guessing is about 2-4 months old by now I'm guessing, I'm probably wrong but that's just my wild guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom