CLOUDY EYE SCARED BEARDIE MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpMama

Hello Fellow Bearded Dragon Lovers,

I rescued my Schmitty 7 months ago and he has been to the vet a few times. He is healthy just had the diagnosis "malnourished " and needed to gain weight. He has doubled in weight since he had been in my care, and grown and shed alot. He is thriving and appears to be living his best life with a good varied diet of insects, greens, a little fruit, and he takes supplements as well.

His eye is cloudy and it is worrying me. Does this cloudy eye means he is going blind?

Any advice is welcomed. If needed I will take him to the vet. I just noticed this very recently like about a week ago.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Do you know how old he is?

Could you potentially post a picture up of his eye? Is it actually clouding over, or is there gunk in it?

-Brandon

HerpMama

Original Poster
claudiusx":37uaevbw said:
Hi there,

Do you know how old he is?

Could you potentially post a picture up of his eye? Is it actually clouding over, or is there gunk in it?

-Brandon

He is 2 years old. And I'm trying to figure out how I post a photo on here. I did it once before.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The eye doesn't look abnormal to me based on the photo, but it's not in focus enough to tell for sure. Has he been keeping the eye closed or acting like it is bothering him? If you hold a treat on that side of his face, does he still detect it and react?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't mess with it if it doesn't seem to be bothering him. Look out for him closing the eye often or for buildup of mucous or crust along the eyes which may indicate an infection of some kind. Otherwise I'd just let him be.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, eye looks normal aside from a small section of very slight cloudiness. Looks alert as well, sounds like you're taking good care of this boy. :)

HerpMama

Original Poster
Yeah this is my boy. I haven't been able to have children, so he is and will always be my son. ❤ He is so spoiled!

Ok I will just keep an eye on it. If it looks worse I can just call the reptile vet and make an appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom