Lost Tip of Tail. BONE Exposed. (Vet appt Friday)

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Lost Tip of Tail. BONE Exposed. (Vet appt Friday)

Postby Drache613 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:51 pm

Hello,

How is she doing this evening? I am sure her tail is a little sore but do keep some type of
ointment on it if possible.
I am so sorry she is still having so much trouble with her breathing & discharge. Something
is definitely going on with her. I hope she is able to sleep since she is probably having some
trouble breathing.
Using the temp gun directly on her wont hurt her at all.
It is hard to keep the humidity down. You can possibly consider using a dehumidifier in the
room to help dry out the air a little bit for her. That's good you are able to keep her a little bit
warmer overnight also. It is starting to get cold in a lot of areas here in the US.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby hmwyer » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Yes, I've been putting neosporin on it every day. Today she is just lying there and being miserable. Poor baby. But the appt is 14 hrs away so hopefully it goes well. Since she has a bad RI I am going to demand an xray to be sure of no pneumonia issues. I will request a copy and post it on probably the other topic I have open discussing her RI issues when I get it. I have photo proof of the RI and she is finally obviously sick when I will bring her this time, so they can't say she's fine this time. I think she is sleeping a little, but I'm sure it's a restless sleep. :(
Oh, good to know about the temp gun being fine. I will look into a dehumidifier for her as well. Yeah, it's been like 40 and 50 already here in WV and it's only going to get colder sadly. >.< Luckily I have a heater that I turn on low in the room at night and it helps it stay warm in here.
Tomorrow is going to be a long day with about 4 hrs total driving, not including how long I may be at the vet, so I'm really crossing my fingers the appt goes well and they figure something out finally. If I get a brush off on anything, be sure I will push back and demand some treatment for her, but in her state I can't imagine I will have issues.
She has stomatitis now worse than before because of her illness, if he prescribes like baytril or some antibiotics will that also clear up her mouth or you think she will need something else for that?
hmwyer
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Hello,

I hope the vet appointment goes well.
If she can't breathe very good at night then she is probably not sleeping much.
Wow it is really starting to get cold there at night. I'm glad you have a heater you can use
for her room, too.
Be sure to wrap her up when you travel to the vets! Yes, I agree. I wouldn't leave without
some guidance & or solid answers & treatment. If they give baytril for her mouth issues, that
should treat it & hopefully clear up the stomatitis, yes.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
Drache613

Postby hmwyer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Quick recap. Went to the vet, he found about 4 other issues that he found way more pressing and said the tail was the least of her concerns and it looked to be healing up nicely and didn't seem to think the bone would be an issue and would heal up okay. She's going back in 9 days for a recheck on everything else, so if it's an issue by then, we'll work on it. He didn't even care enough about the tail due to everything else to even ask or speculate on how this could have happened. For a WAYYY more in depth explanation on her verdict today please check out my other post that began with an RI call to help and has now taken an egg bound turn......It makes feel like an awful owner, but I just need to hope for the best, learn from my shortsightedness, and move on to helping her be 100% again. I hope anyone reading that post will learn from what I did/didn't do and that it may help someone else in need. It is super in depth, but I like to be thorough so no on reading it 8 years from now has any potentially unanswered questions. Thanks everyone for your comments on this subject! Should the bone being exposed present an issue later on, I will post it for sure so that anyone reading this has a heads up on what to do! If you do not see any follow ups by about a month, it's been healed and has had no lasting effects. Thanks again!!

https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=249975
hmwyer
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:03 am

Hello,

I just read through your other story & will comment on that one too. I am glad that her tail is
healing & doing well! I'll make a few comments towards your story.
I hope Spyro is doing better.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER