Only will eat crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

My Oscar is about seven months old I have had him for four months. I have tried every single type of green veggies etc. since day one and the only thing I can get him to eat besides crickets is Peas. He is 12 inches long from nose to end of tail and weighs 99grams. His poops are also very odd looking kind of muddy is this normal? I am new to this group if somebody could explain to me how to upload pictures I can show you all what it looks like

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and click on the pic and it should post----- poops should look formed moist w/ white urate - sometimes extra water is excreted which is good --- please post pics of his tank and lighting as well --- here is a nutrition website for you http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
have you tried BSFL ? https://symtonbsf.com/
Try feeding vegies first thing in the morning --- peas are not a good staple feeder --- add 1-3 super worms on top w/ some BSFL as well as many as you want to get him to feeder bowl --- make sure he sees you doing this and that will draw him to the bowl-- BSFl are a staple and do not need to be dusted - try that and see how it goes
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Lots of dragons can be picky about food, kind of like kids + teenagers. :) It sounds like he's doing reasonably well and peas are fine if that's his preference. Frozen thawed always better than canned [ too much sodium in canned ] Just gut load the crickets well with healthy left over veggies and keep offering greens like kale, turnip, mustard, collard in small amounts . A mushy poo may be no problem, at some point you might opt for a fecal exam but it doesn't sound like he's having any health problems .

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Lighting in the tank has a lot to do w/ digestion-- what kind of UVB are you using? Brand and bulb?
Karrie

Mflav

Original Poster
T5 HO 24” reptisun 10.0 UVB best of the best! Exo terra 75w basking bulb (105 Degrees basking rock) exo terra day time bulb on opposite side of tank(80-85 degrees) Ceramic heat emitter at night(tank temp 70degrees) Daytime lights come on at 6:30 AM and shut off at 6:30 PM.

Mflav

Original Poster
How do I upload more pictures or video when I click on the XIMG above it only lets me pull up the two pictures I already posted???? I want to post a video of tank set up....sorry new to this

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can upload to youtube if you like and post a link to it here--- there are some other ways too but not sure how --- some others on here can respond on how to do that --- also when you upload more pics you can click on the pic after you click on XIMG and it will post that pic you clicked on-- have your message box up and at the top of the message box click on XIMG and pics will pop up
Karrie

Mflav

Original Poster
I will try that.... did u see my reply to lighting used and does poop look like parasites?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So you have good lighting -- how long has poop been like this and if not long its possible he had upset stomach and it looks like this --- if this is a constant on going thing I am going to say diet and maybe parasites-- does his poop smell like you want to leave the room stinky? Normal stink but really stinky? If its the stink thats driving you out of the room then its possible parasites-- you can call your vet and ask how much a fecal test is and see if you can drop one off to be tested for parasites and go from there if you like --
Karrie

Mflav

Original Poster
I have had him for three months his poop has always kind of been that way and yes they STINK!!!!!! Shows no other signs though. Very active, growing, etc

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your lighting + heat are all good and the poo is not out of the ordinary. I don't see anything to worry about. It's always a chance of parasites in any reptile, even if the stool is what's considered perfectly formed and they all have a bad odor. But again, this is not out of the ordinary at all. His appetite is good and he looks good as well. :)

Mflav

Original Poster
I made an appointment with the vet for next month so I will know for sure. I’m just a worry wart want to make sure he’s perfectly healthy plus I would love to know if he’s definitely a male and a better idea on actual age

Mflav

Original Poster
I can see femoral pores and the two lumps at the base of tail so I’m 99% sure he is a boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom