First brumation. Lights on or off??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is about 9 months old and starting brumation. I've read much conflicting info about weather or not to leave lights on during brumation.
Should I keep the lights on the regular schedule or turn them off until she wakes back up? I'm worried that if I leave them off (especially the uvb) that she will get too cold or develop MBD. She is currently sleeping under the fake plants hanging in the back of her tank, and her lights have been left on the normal schedule. She has been down for about 3 days.
Thanks in advance for any info!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
From what I understand its regular schedule --- mine has been down now for a few days as well and I am running normal schedule --- just make sure you take him out every once in awhile like every week or 10 days and check weight on him along w/ hydration --- they need to stay hydrated--- if its more often some one else can chime in
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is your dragon a good size + weight ? If so brumation will be no problem. Some people like the lights on but for a shorter period. You can keep the uvb off since dragon is hidden from it and not benefiting anyway but keep the basking bulb on or buy a lower watt bulb. You can actually buy heat bulbs at Walmart . Home Depot, etc in 4 packs. They don't need to be reptile brands, you will save money buying this type right here in this link which many owners do. They only cost about $5 [ on the box it says you'll save over $8 a year using these ] I buy several different watt bulbs like this.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29993/full

Can you post pics of your dragon as well as the set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom