Growing veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, so I am planning on growing some of my beardies food since I’ve got a pretty good green thumb. What would be pretty good to grow, I’m in a relatively southern area, but it does get below freezing here so I’m planning to do some cold hardy plants. Does anyone else do this and have any suggestions?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There is a lot you can do with this. My dragon LOVES squash, so those are a good option. I also grow collards and different kinds of kale. Green beans also make an occasional appearance in the garden. Bell peppers can be good too if you have the space left.

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Oooh! Midwesterner here, super jealous of your lack of frost. Really anything you can grow that is on the beardie-okay list is probably a great choice.

I do little "Container Gardens" for Guacemole... For those I do Beardie-Approved succulents (Elephant feed and jade for instance) and herbs. They're small enough to go right in his tank, but I only put them in maybe 4-5 days a month or any time I'm going out for the weekend and can't give him fresh salads.

Good luck!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm starting to grow collards right now. I'm lucky to live where I do, we can grow most everything year round. In fact, one of the big local farms by my house just planted a whole field of collards just a couple weeks ago.

Bellpeppers are a really easy plant to grow too.
Along with most squash, you just need a bit more room for it.
Dandelion greens are another super easy plant.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom