Salad lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwcrf450r

So last night I went to remove Pogos left over salad and found him curled up in his bowl on top of it. It was from the after noon before I went out so when I came back the light had dried it out pretty good, otherwise I would have made him get out for fear of humidity cause a RI. But last night he slept upon a bed of greens.. ? I'm worried about him getting toes stuck but he really seems like he wants something to sleep on. Anyone got any suggestions?
Here's a terrible picture(didn't want the light to wake him so the light from the hallway made a glare)
106123-7357047824.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I find they do like to sleep with their face up against something or covered by something. In most of my tanks there are rocks and logs to nudge their faces into, and thats how mine prefer to sleep usually.

I had one who demanded to sleep under her "blanket" which was just a washcloth I kept in there for her. But she loved it and she couldn't sleep unless she nudged her way under it, or I placed it ontop of her.

-Brandon

Mwcrf450r

Original Poster
Hey sorry guys I passed out last night after I posted this lol long days working outtakes town. I didn't think fabric was safe at all! Maybe just fabric with loops or something? I'll make sure to get ahold of a blanket for him to cuddle up in!

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hey,

I use fleece as the main substrate in my tanks and use pieces of it as "blankets" too. The main thing when mixing fabric with beardies is to make sure there aren't any frayed edges or other strings/fibers they can get hold of - that's BIG trouble if they ingest it! I haven't has any issue with the fleece I use though - Mid-quality, about $12-15 USD per yard regular pricing, but I get mine from the bargain bin/remnant rack at Jo Ann Fabrics so it's always half price.

Sometimes you can even get some super cute patterns! When I had my ball python in quarantine, for instance, I kept him on some slytherin house patterned fleece. Obviously not a good permanent substrate for him (BPs need high humidity) but very cute while I was doing his health checks!

Good luck,
-Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom