Can you guys help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewwwww

106336-9063394242.jpg
Hi guys, I need help to determine what that black spot is on my bearded dragon. Her name is Mudusa. I don’t know if it’s scale rot, or its fungus or maybe just dirt. I just need help to find out what that is.

Thanks guys

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
It looks like a wound or missing scales to me, but I'll defer to more senior posters' wisdom on the subject. A little background would help. Does Mudusa share a cage with another dragon or is there anything like a hammock or exposed lamp that she could have injured herself on? If this is a normal wound, the standard advice I've seen is to use raw, unpasteurized honey on it and monitor.

Andrewwwww

Original Poster
Thank you she does have a huge branch that she lays on when she bask, but she does run around in her enclosure and up and down too on her branch. I will take a better picture sorry for the bad background in the first picture.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It certainly looks like some scale damage, but I'm not sure what the cause would be. I'd definitely keep a close eye on the area. Look out for the wound looking worse or spreading. If it's a bruise or cut it should begin to heal and eventually reduce in size. If it starts to look worse, I'd put some topical antifungal cream on it just in case and have a vet test a sample of the skin to see what you're dealing with.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It doesn't look like anything to worry about. Have you tried a short soak and a light, gentle scrub with a toothbrush ? Other than dirt it looks like a small blemish + nothing really to worry about. Keep an eye on it as Cooper mentioned but my rough + tumble guys + girls have had similar spots over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom