Super Worms Escaped In Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro

Hello everyone!

Just a quick question, a couple super worms escaped in my adult bearded dragons enclosure. Will they bite her in her sleep like crickets? I just don’t know if I have to tear her tank down tonight to find them or if it can wait until tomorrow etc.

Thanks! :)

-Neuro

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a possibility but unlikely. Colder temps at night really tend to immobilize superworms.

From what I've seen they try to borrow and hide as opposed to crawl around biting things.

-Brandon

Neuro

Original Poster
Awesome. Thank you for responding Brandon. I was not looking forward to tearing her tank down this late at night. I’ll find them tomorrow. Have a great night!

-Neuro

I feed my beardie super worms in a food bowl and always leave the excess in there just in case he is hungry when I'm not home, sometimes a few manage to escape but I wouldn't worry about it. They usually try to hide or get eaten.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thedentist187":3jze7rkl said:
My son actually had a few turn into beetles, anyone know if the superworms are safe to eat in any form of their life cycle???

They are safe to offer even as beetles. They have hard shells which can be good for dental and gum health. They also tend to work well as cleaner crew in a roach bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom