Pooping and eating behaviour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graciedo01

Hi Guys, i've got a 4 year old male beardie who i've recently moved with for uni. I feed him daily with veg and a live feed twice a week but have noticed he's not seeming to be eating much. However, he's still pooping every couple of days and there's no concerns with his poo but over the last month, every time i've had him out of his viv he keeps pooping on my floor or my bed and i'm not sure if it's because somethings wrong, he's unhappy or maybe ill? Help please!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like hes found his favorite place to poop-- they do that nothing wrong w/ him --- since you know hes gonna poop when out of his tank and where be ready for him --- not eating as much is showing signs of brumation- ?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Everything sounds fine to me, I wouldn't worry about it :)

He's just leaving you a present :lol:

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Graciedo01":2lyuyh8n said:
Hi Guys, i've got a 4 year old male beardie who i've recently moved with for uni. I feed him daily with veg and a live feed twice a week but have noticed he's not seeming to be eating much. However, he's still pooping every couple of days and there's no concerns with his poo but over the last month, every time i've had him out of his viv he keeps pooping on my floor or my bed and i'm not sure if it's because somethings wrong, he's unhappy or maybe ill? Help please!!

You and beardie have moved to new digs right.... I'd be putting the pooing in "new" places down to staking his claim on those fav spots .

I'd be ready with a sheet of paper towel , as soon the bum and thick part of the tail goes up, that's your signal to quickly slip the paper under for him to deposit on.

Twice a week live insects is not adequate , I'd bump that up to at least every 2nd day for an adult dragon. The insects will add "roughage" as well as providing enzymes, proteins and fats the dragon needs that it can't get from vegs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom