Pooping and eating behaviour!

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Pooping and eating behaviour!

Postby Graciedo01 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:37 am

Hi Guys, i've got a 4 year old male beardie who i've recently moved with for uni. I feed him daily with veg and a live feed twice a week but have noticed he's not seeming to be eating much. However, he's still pooping every couple of days and there's no concerns with his poo but over the last month, every time i've had him out of his viv he keeps pooping on my floor or my bed and i'm not sure if it's because somethings wrong, he's unhappy or maybe ill? Help please!!
Graciedo01
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Pooping and eating behaviour!

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:28 am

Sounds like hes found his favorite place to poop-- they do that nothing wrong w/ him --- since you know hes gonna poop when out of his tank and where be ready for him --- not eating as much is showing signs of brumation- ?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Everything sounds fine to me, I wouldn't worry about it :)

He's just leaving you a present :lol:

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Graciedo01 wrote:Hi Guys, i've got a 4 year old male beardie who i've recently moved with for uni. I feed him daily with veg and a live feed twice a week but have noticed he's not seeming to be eating much. However, he's still pooping every couple of days and there's no concerns with his poo but over the last month, every time i've had him out of his viv he keeps pooping on my floor or my bed and i'm not sure if it's because somethings wrong, he's unhappy or maybe ill? Help please!!

You and beardie have moved to new digs right.... I'd be putting the pooing in "new" places down to staking his claim on those fav spots .

I'd be ready with a sheet of paper towel , as soon the bum and thick part of the tail goes up, that's your signal to quickly slip the paper under for him to deposit on.

Twice a week live insects is not adequate , I'd bump that up to at least every 2nd day for an adult dragon. The insects will add "roughage" as well as providing enzymes, proteins and fats the dragon needs that it can't get from vegs.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, juvenile Cheakie (M) 21Oct19
Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior