Lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That's a little to hot. I heat my viv with a shingle 75w basking bulb from exoterra and, it's 2x2x4.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Any wattage is "safe" as long as it's not higher than what your fixture is rated for and as long as it gives you the temps you need. I use 40w bulbs in my tanks. others have to use 100w or 150w. It depends on your environment and the bulb type really. You'll just have to see if it works for you.

-Brandon

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
125 watt heat lamp
These are normally red and get extremely hot. Colored lights "of any color" should never be used for dragons. It confuses them as it distorts their vision.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is trial and error w/ heat lamps- like Brandon said he can use a lower wattage on his tanks where as mine I have to use a Exo Terra 150 watt--- it depends on the environment that your in --- what size is your tank? And what is it made out of? Is the tank in a cold room or a warm room --- all those things play in--- and please no colored heat bulbs-- a bright white basking bulb
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom