Growing black spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syd1210

I’ve notice a black spot of scales on my beardie. At first I though it was just some marking but it seems like it’s getting bigger over the past few months. I can almost “pinch” it to feel around it and it almost feels like a little lump. Does this look familiar to anyone?
87438-9349356843.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It would be good to have an experienced only reptile vet have a look. Some beardies can get " skin cancer " cancer on their scales so just to rule it out or see what else it might be.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I’m pretty sure that’s normal, I’ve seen bearded dragons that have all sorts of little black spots on their chin. Their chins usually get black when they are defensive so I think it’s normal. If you see him showing any sign of like trying to scratch it or rubbing it against something or if the bearded dragon squirms when you touch it then bring it to the vet

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you can feel a lump I'd definitely get it checked out like AHBD mentioned.

Can you go over your lighting setup with us?
Uvb bulb? And how close is it to the basking surface? To the floor of the tank?

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Fcooper I agree that they can have random black specks, kind of like freckles. But this is not normal, much bigger.....it may be harmless but it's not a normal dark shoulder pad [ epaulet ] or beard . Best to have it checked out.

Syd1210

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. She’s in a 40 gallon tank, with a 24” uvb bulb and basking lights, temps usually about 90, ceramic heater at night. It doesn’t seem to bother her at all, whether I touch it or not she has no reaction to it. This spot is not something she has always had, it showed up within the past year, not a normal marking for her. I’ll likely end up at the vet but our local reptile vet is very expensive so I figured I’d ask around a bit to all you fellow reptile owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom