Gooey disharge on my bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Would you be able to run to the petstore and buy a digital thermometer with probe end?
The dial thermometers are very inaccurate. temperature is very important so you want to make sure you're measuring it with an accurate device.

I've tested some of the dial thermometers and found some of them to be over 30 degrees off! So it's important that you get your actual temperature reading and not rely on the dial.

-Brandon

Pricy0927

Original Poster
To ABHD, There is this this diffuser that makes the room smell good but I hardly turn it on. There are no loose bugs in the tank.

Pricy0927

Original Poster
To Brandon, I might be able to get the digital thermometers. It depends if my parents will allow me to get it tho. Can you tell me which brand you checked that were 30° off?

Pricy0927

Original Poster
To ABHD , ok I wont use the diffuser,but I dont think its the diffusers fault because I have an other dragon in there too. Do u think I should take her out just incase so my male dragon doesnt infect her or something?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is she housed with the other dragon ? If so it would be best to give them separate tanks. Other than that they can be in the same room but once they get a bit older you may have to cover the glass or something so they can't see each other. That can cause stress because many dragons want to mate or fight.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Two dragons should not be housed together especially if one is female and the other a male - do you want babies and that is why they are together-- if not I recommend separating them ASAP- also dragons are territorial and will fight or one will become dominant over another leaving the other to get sick from not enough UVB and basking-----
Karrie

Pricy0927

Original Poster
To ABHD, They have been together since they were little tho. And do u actually think its the diffuser oils, My mom says the oils are natural but I just wanted to ask you. And if it is the oils, how come it only would affect him and not my other 3 beardies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know that for sure it would , but every dog, cat + person can be allergic to different things. Even though it's a long shot it's good to rule it out. Sort of like having 5 persons in a house and only 1 person gets sick from mold or has a peanut allergy. Another thing to consider if the dragons are housed together there's also a possibility that she's being bitten, just lightly when no one's around. That could cause some problems. We are just trying to see every single thing that it might be, even if the chance is small. Your dragons will need separate cages for sure as they get bigger though.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, separating them would be best. It's good practice anyways to separate when one is sick. You dont want the other to potentially get sick. And you want the sick one to have it's own space where it can feel comfortable and hopefully heal up.

I hope you can get the thermometer. They are pretty cheap it should be less than 10 dollars or so :)

-Brandon

Pricy0927

Original Poster
So I seperated them just incase (Eris is on the left side and Achilles is on the right side)Do you guys still have any suggestion about the gooey stuff? And should I continue the raw honey method? And I'm planning on getting 2 digital thermometers for my 4 bearded dragons.Also I heard that people use F10 SC to help should I use for my beardies as well?
106295-5597331123.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is one dragon in a small plastic container now ? Here's a better way to set him up, very inexpensive but he needs a bigger tank ASAP. It doesn't look like our baby can't get uvb in that set up on the right. This is how I used to raise my babies in a temporary set up :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30051/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29953/full

It's a medium plastic storage tote with a bit of screen on top to set the lights on. Egg crating and a couple of appropriately sized sticks for climbing and a rock or two from outside that you wash quickly in hot water with a bit of dish soap and/or vinegar, then rinsed off. BTW, is your honey unpasteurized ? It should say so on the bottle. If it's not, that's the kind you need. Do you have new pics of his eyes from lately , with or without the mucous ? One more thing, for basking bulbs you can get these kinds at Home Depot or Walmart. They come in different wattage and are much less expensive than pet store heat bulbs. They only cost about $ 5 a 4 pack. [ the $8.67 on the package just an estimate on how much you save using these ]

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29993/full

Pricy0927

Original Poster
To ABHD, The plastic container is pretty big. He is getting enough UVB and heat.The honey says it is raw, pure, and unfiltered. I will check out those bulbs u talked about at Home Depot. And btw do you think using F10 SC on my beardie would help? I appreciate your kindness for caring for my young beardie?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The cleaner F10? On your beardie? Meaning spraying him w/ it? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! That would be a horrible thing-- F10 is a disinfect for surfaces only and should be rinsed w/ water after using
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The honey is the good kind good then but it doesn't seem to be helping. That's why I wonder if the other dragon was nipping at him. Still guessing. And you're welcome, I only hope that I can help in any way as the other posters do as well. We always want to help a little scaly guy out . :) And like Karrie said, the F10 is for cleaning the enclosure I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom