Hello and thank you from Rajah and I

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
I'm sad. ?
I just went into Petco to get something and was looking at their tiny pitiful looking beardie and it had horrible diarrhea right in front of me and then closed it's little eyes. I told the people about it...they said they'd "take it in the back and make sure it's okay." ?. I would buy it if I had space and didn't already have Rajah who was in about as bad of shape when no I got him. So sad.
105973-6238194504.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thats too bad. It really looks like they haven't cleaned the tank in weeks.

Luckily my local petcos and petsmarts/etc. seem to be decent when it comes to their care. At least I only see 2 or 3 in a tank at a time anymore, I used to see a dozen or more.

-Brandon

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Yeah they seem to try. They had a very healthy looking chameleon. In other news....more Rajah photos ?
Getting ready to shed head and back leggies.

105973-592529695.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Also got Rajah's tank about how it seems to work best for him. I actually witnessed him drink from his water bowl which was mind blowing. AND I have found that he is inclined to do his business on a paper towel if I put it in there ?...which is very nice for all involved lol. The T5 hood and 10.0 bulb was the best thing I've ever purchased as far as ease of use and I feel like it covers a lot of the tank...glad I read about it on the forum. Fortunately he's also by my windows so he gets natural light too....and he likes looking out the window. He was so tiny and frail I didn't handle him much, I didn't want to stress him out. Now he's letting me pet him in his tank and he let's me pick him up without furiously squirming. He really likes his little chubly head pet. He's four months old now. ???

105973-2373777507.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-5979441702.jpg

Rajah going through another growth spurt and shed...and has gotten a new larger hide....but he's still grumpy about me changing his stuff around.

WOW! Your beardie got so huge so fast! I am so glad you said when you got Rajah. I rescued a juvenile beardie about a week ago and Blake (my beardie) is so tiny. Glad to see they grow quickly.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Good luck with you're new baby Summer! They sure do grow insanely fast. I feel like the baby stage didn't even happen sometimes lol. He literally was in a tiny Dixie cups when I brought him home a few months ago. He has also always had a voracious appetite. And I had a lot of time when he was a baby to devote to multiple feedings per day of increasingly large quantities of baby crickets and BSL. Now he eats basically silkworm pupae, adult silkworms, medium crickets and dubias occasionally. At the point he went through 80+ large Phoenix worms in a single feeding I was like well....time to move on lol. But they are an absolutely amazing feeder. Rajah also didn't have good functionality in his back legs when I got him I'm not sure why... I suspected it was malnutrition based from before I got him...but they filled out and straightened out and are absolutely normal now.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-1855773381.jpg
Rajah finally shedding after a long soak. Full head and body...super colorful underneath...super round and pumpkin like. I literally have to cut him off during feedings....I think he would actually eat till he pops. He's now eating pretty damn big silk worms like they're nothing and a lot of pupae....he's also I would say 16 inches long and a little over four months now the giant baby. Happy Halloween everyone ?

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-488141026.jpg

Shed almost over.....he's so chubly and cute he finally let's me pick him up without squirming and carry him around and definitely is fine with being pet all over and has always seemed to like his chubly little head pet.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tinasdragon":uojso1qa said:
Is Rajah like a citrus tiger coloring? I'm pretty sure he's a normal morph.
Definitely not a normal, Rajah is definitely a leatherback. Does he have perfectly clear nails? If so he's a hypo leatherback.
As far as the terminology to describe his color, that's not really a morph. He looks red to me in the pictures.
So you could call him a red leatherback. You could call him a volcano magma leatherback if you wanted. Point is that color descriptions are just that - descriptions :)
His patterning does look like he has a bit of "blue bars" going on, so calling him a tiger could be something you'd say. But as far as morph goes, he's a leatherback :D

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom