Beardi won’t leave his cool side after I got him a new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallols

98602-1620781445.jpg
It’s been about 2-3 weeks since I upgraded his 20 gallon tank to a exoterra 40 gallon.. I knew he was gonna be stressed and hide out for a bit till he got used to it but it seems a little long.. too long for my taste of what I’ve seen.. he temps on his basking read from 98-106f he is over a year old now but I’m getting a bit worried. I have to take him out of his cave for him to bask he moves around good has strength and everything. Omg she bask for a bit after I put him there he will eat like 1-5 super worms than not anymore till later. I always offer him Vegies but doesn’t seem to be interested isn’t them rn. And he usually likes them a lot.. at least in his old tank..
98602-6529647838.jpg
98602-6082231454.jpg
98602-842377972.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So the UVB is on top of screen - the bulb is it a T 5 or a T 8? So I would say he should be used to the new tank and at least eating more- are you feeding any staple feeders like crickets or dubias? Hes only eating supers and 5 at most? Hardly seems enough--- your basking temps ? you are taking w/ a infrared heat gun or a digital probe? You said he eats 5 and then will eat more later like how long later? Are you trying to feed him when he first gets up cuz they wont eat when they are cold - its usually takes 1-2 hrs after waking up --- sorry I keep going back and rereading your post - and what are you feeding later?
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Relocation stress can last a good while, just depends on the individual dragon.

Imagine if you will. You're in your domain all comfortable, just laid back "all is good in the kingdom"!
Then out of the blue your trusted slave picks you up and, drops you in a strange world. You don't know where danger is lurking "could be behind any rock or limb". You don't know what is a safe spot anymore so you hide and observe.
This is how your dragon feels right now. It will help if you put his old decorations in there in the same position that they were in, in his other home. This helps the transition a bit.

Mallols

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2zp06x3x said:
So the UVB is on top of screen - the bulb is it a T 5 or a T 8? So I would say he should be used to the new tank and at least eating more- are you feeding any staple feeders like crickets or dubias? Hes only eating supers and 5 at most? Hardly seems enough--- your basking temps ? you are taking w/ a infrared heat gun or a digital probe? You said he eats 5 and then will eat more later like how long later? Are you trying to feed him when he first gets up cuz they wont eat when they are cold - its usually takes 1-2 hrs after waking up --- sorry I keep going back and rereading your post - and what are you feeding later?
Karrie

Yea it’s a t5 with a 10.0 uvb tube from zoo med.. I’ve tried giving him some crickets but he won’t take them..yea I have the probe and also the zoomed heat gun.. like I’ll go to school and come back so about 3-5 hours.. no I usually try feeding him around the afternoon.. and I always try to keep vegies in there and also try again with supers

Mallols

Original Poster
Gormagon":cv9x76mp said:
Relocation stress can last a good while, just depends on the individual dragon.

Imagine if you will. You're in your domain all comfortable, just laid back "all is good in the kingdom"!
Then out of the blue your trusted slave picks you up and, drops you in a strange world. You don't know where danger is lurking "could be behind any rock or limb". You don't know what is a safe spot anymore so you hide and observe.
This is how your dragon feels right now. It will help if you put his old decorations in there in the same position that they were in, in his other home. This helps the transition a bit.

You do have a really good point as well cause my dragon since he was little he was always the odd one out haha.. he always took longer for everything.. doesn’t really like baths and all.. he’s a little weird buddy but I love him haha.. ima give him some more time and see what happens as well

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Have you tried other insects? Like dubia roaches? Sometimes they get tired of eating one insect- you can also try some bfsl which are small - give him some variety- if you need websites let me know
Karrie

Mallols

Original Poster
KarrieRee":22xhf2hi said:
Have you tried other insects? Like dubia roaches? Sometimes they get tired of eating one insect- you can also try some bfsl which are small - give him some variety- if you need websites let me know
Karrie
Sadly I live in Florida where Dubai roaches are illegal but I’m see if I can get some other.. and plz if you have a link sent it to me plz

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What about discoids ? I think you can get them in Fla---- BSFL --https://symtonbsf.com/
They are small and you would need to order a good amount for a staple feeder but you dont need to dust them as they are calcium enriched. Google discoids then go from there on where they ship to
Karrie

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Mallols":2ng4g2iy said:
KarrieRee":2ng4g2iy said:
Karrie
Sadly I live in Florida where Dubai roaches are illegal but I’m see if I can get some other.. and plz if you have a link sent it to me plz
I'm in Florida, too, and I get discoids. I don't have links on my phone, but look up Luna Roaches (they have web, ebay, and FaceBook, all good), lindasgonebuggie (heinous website but she's responsive and she has some good sales - I think use the blog link and then the panel on the right). There's also Joes Bugz, and Ovipost.com. Some reptile-specific shops also carry them. All but Ovipost are in FL. I think they're in GA. Other online shops that will ship to FL are reptilereadyfeeders and cape cod roaches. :0)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
Is he adjusting to his new environment? It can take a week or two for them to become more
comfortable in new surroundings. He will be perfectly fine soon, once he realizes everything
is really the same.
Has he been eating very much?
The tank looks nice & bright though. The UVB should be mounted on the underneath side of
the screen for a better UVB strength.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom