Petco Benefits - Price Matching and Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I know that feelings are mixed on the subject of big box pet stores, but here’s a tip for those of us who need to shop there for one reason or another. Bring your smartphone- Petco will match the price on its website, which will save you some cash on decor and accessories. I’ve even been able to get them to match competition websites on occasion- never hurts to ask!

Also, when Figment’s basking bulb blew tonight after a bit more than a month, I was told to bring it back in its original box (lucky I was buying an identical replacement) and they’d look up my receipt so I could get a replacement. I’ll now have a spare bulb, but it’s good to have one for times like this.

Just passing on the money saver!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Unfortunately I dont have the privilege to shop at home pet stores anymore - the one we had closed down due to manager issues and money embezzling- so w/ that said we had 3 pet stores in town 2 of which are box stores - Petco and Pet Smart- I shop between the 2 - and have taken bulbs back for lack of them being defective -- I like to be able to go to these stores and get stuff I need because then I avoid the high cost of shipping - but a lot of times they dont carry the stuff I need - like I just had to order some calcium powder w/ no D3--- go figure Petco and Pet Smart dont carry it at all so I had to order it from Reptiles Plus paying shipping of course --- I shop many places on line for stuff - i just ordered some roaches from abdragons first time and they ship the roaches in a gunny sack - loose-- it wasnt too bad its a good thing I keep my containers from the roaches from dubiasroaches.com-- or i would have had to find something else to keep them in -- like a plastic coffee can ---
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
ComicBookMama":1m58lma4 said:
I know that feelings are mixed on the subject of big box pet stores, but here’s a tip for those of us who need to shop there for one reason or another. Bring your smartphone- Petco will match the price on its website, which will save you some cash on decor and accessories. I’ve even been able to get them to match competition websites on occasion- never hurts to ask!

Also, when Figment’s basking bulb blew tonight after a bit more than a month, I was told to bring it back in its original box (lucky I was buying an identical replacement) and they’d look up my receipt so I could get a replacement. I’ll now have a spare bulb, but it’s good to have one for times like this.

Just passing on the money saver!
I can get crickets really cheap from pet supplies plus and they match prices too.

I got my beardy at petco. He is healthy and i love him. They just didn’t have much knowledge on how to care for him, so i went to the mom n pop reptile store the next day and though they gave me all the info and help i needed, they also sold me a ton of unnecessary stuff to make money (live and learn).

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
hellabombskies":32v5rih6 said:
I got my beardy at petco. He is healthy and i love him. They just didn’t have much knowledge on how to care for him, so i went to the mom n pop reptile store the next day and though they gave me all the info and help i needed, they also sold me a ton of unnecessary stuff to make money (live and learn).
What did they give you and if you thought it was unnecessary than why did you buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom