My Beardies nose is messed up help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie ginger kept hitting his nose on the glass and is now injured. how do I make him stop hitting his nose on the glass, and how can i help his injury I will put up image

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is ginger? Is she doing this all the time? What are your basking temps in the tank and temps in the tank all together? How are you taking them?
Karrie

NiGhtMaRe050910

Original Poster
ginger is about a year old, male and basking temp is 90 degrees and the rest of the cage is 75 - 80 degrees. he never used to do it just recently he started trying to burrow and crawl out of his cage, idk why.( when i first got him we thought it was female thats why his name is ginger)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so its getting that time of year for brumation -- trying to burrow meaning hes digging? like trying to get a comfy spot to sleep? I would however raise his basking temps up- to 95-105 its good if he has a gradient meaning different places to sit and bask at different temps--- what kind of UVB are you using? A coil type or a tube ?
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Are you sure re. gender? Digging behavior, if present, could mean eggs on the way for a female. Not sure if 1 y.o. is too young for infertile eggs to develop, but it might be worth 2x checking. In cases of digging females, people here have recommended a lay box.

If this is n/a, something environmental might be causing this behavior, and KR's suggestion about looking at the temps, etc. is good to do. For the wound itself, try raw, unpasteurized honey to treat and maybe some kind of temporary barrier around the lower inside part of the tank to soften the blow if he keeps at it. Cardboard maybe?

NiGhtMaRe050910

Original Poster
thank you all for the replies i pulled him out of the tank and gently touched the wound guess what?! it fell off :lol: . it was a piece of paper from the papers i put at the bottom of the cage and it got stuck to his nose. but i better figure out the how to stop him from hitting his nose before he actually gets hurt.
it was a relief i thought he was badly hurt. Phew

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news his nose isn't injured after all!
Do check the basking temperatures though in case he needs some adjustment there. They
do tend to get rambunctious sometimes & hit their noses up against their tanks often.
What type of thermometer do you use to measure the temperatures?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom