Total unfairness!

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Total unfairness!

Postby Aaradimian » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:59 pm

So, one fine evening recently, both our dragons decided that brumation was a thing to do, completely ignoring the impact it would have on their human family who misses them terribly and is going through big time beardie withdrawl!

For those of you with multiple dragons, have you ever had them sync up their schedules like this? They have no contact with one another though they can see outside to notice the shortening days. Temps, lighting, and diet haven't changed, so I'm wondering if this was brought on by the change in daylight hours or some subtle behavior change of ours? Maybe pheromones, spooky beardie action at a distance, or just our bad luck? Rational hypotheses and weird alien influence theories welcome! :lol:
Aaradimian
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Total unfairness!

Postby Gormagon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Charlie just came out of burmation 3 days ago and, I was as excited as a 5 year old at Christmas to see him out on his log basking when I got home from work!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:31 pm

Geeze I don't even like to say the word. It's like bad Juju!

If i'm completely honest, none of my dragons have every truly brumated.

It is interesting though that they both are doing it at the same time. It really does make you wonder what external force is telling them to do that.

They aren't related are they?

Aaradimian wrote:Rational hypotheses and weird alien influence theories welcome!

I've watched enough Ancient Aliens to know that if you asked Ancient Astronaut Theorists, they would say "YES!"

:laughing6:

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Drache613 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:33 pm

Hello,

Yes, they absolutely will do that! LOL So sorry, it is unfortunate that they coordinate their
brumation efforts together. Hopefully they will come out of it at the same time also! :D

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Aaradimian » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:45 am

claudiusx wrote:Geeze I don't even like to say the word. It's like bad Juju!

It is interesting though that they both are doing it at the same time. It really does make you wonder what external force is telling them to do that.

Aaradimian wrote:Rational hypotheses and weird alien influence theories welcome!

I've watched enough Ancient Aliens to know that if you asked Ancient Astronaut Theorists, they would say "YES!"

-Brandon

They're definitely not related. Re Ancient Astronauts, I totally agree! There's no way either of my beardies could have constructed the advanced structures in their vivs, so the only possible conclusion is that alien (lizards) must've landed while I was building it and placed them there.
Here is conclusive proof of the same caliber as used on the show (which we all know is 100% true)!

[Click image to enlarge]
Aaradimian
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Gormagon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:11 pm

Well it is possible that you could MAYBE stop it from happening again. You have to use psychology as a detourant. Get another one to keep you company while they're pulling this stunt on you. When they see that their plan to make you miserable didn't work and, new competition moved in, they might reconsider their plans next year.

It just a theory,LOL!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby Aaradimian » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:44 am

Gormagon wrote:Well it is possible that you could MAYBE stop it from happening again. You have to use psychology as a detourant. Get another one to keep you company while they're pulling this stunt on you. When they see that their plan to make you miserable didn't work and, new competition moved in, they might reconsider their plans next year.

It just a theory,LOL!

Haha, thanks Gormagon! The only flaw in that logic is that we got Helmut partly to be our emotional support beardie for when Otto was brumating! :lol:
Aaradimian
Juvie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:50 am

Sounds like a valid plan to me. And total justification for getting another :lol:

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Gormagon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:19 am

Aaradimian wrote:
Gormagon wrote:Well it is possible that you could MAYBE stop it from happening again. You have to use psychology as a detourant. Get another one to keep you company while they're pulling this stunt on you. When they see that their plan to make you miserable didn't work and, new competition moved in, they might reconsider their plans next year.

It just a theory,LOL!

Haha, thanks Gormagon! The only flaw in that logic is that we got Helmut partly to be our emotional support beardie for when Otto was brumating! :lol:

Well, you know what they say..... if at first you dont succeed.........
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby Moon4wolfgirl » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:45 am

claudiusx wrote:Geeze I don't even like to say the word. It's like bad Juju!

-Brandon

I love to watch Ancient Aliens ( and yes I do think there is something like aliens out there) :D
Moon4wolfgirl
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion