Claud's Crew!

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Claud's Crew!

Postby claudiusx » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Mwcrf450r wrote:Tombo's a beast 😱 crazy to think he could gain more than any two of your other 3 combined! Does he eat his veggies readily or do you have to work for it?

He's a bottomless pit.

He will eat all of his salad. And all of his feeders, and do it all over again if I let him.

He actually gets excited enough for salad that he will eat it by hand feeding too. All but Mei will eat salad out of my hand. However Mei will eat her whole bowl better than everyone but Tombo.
Tombo can and will eat anything. Except BSFL. I left them in his bowl for a whole day once. Didn't give him any food, just to entice him to eat them. Nope. He doesn't like them lol.

-Brandon
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Mwcrf450r » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:38 pm

claudiusx wrote:
Tombo can and will eat anything. Except BSFL. I left them in his bowl for a whole day once. Didn't give him any food, just to entice him to eat them. Nope. He doesn't like them lol.

-Brandon

That's interesting! I feel like I've read bsfl are a great feeder to entice feeding in dragons with weight/eating issues? I'm actually ordering pogo some bsfl and Dubias tonight or tomorrow depending on if my wife remembers an email password 🤣
-Mike and Pogo, as long as it involves bugs. Otherwise, -Just Mike
Mwcrf450r
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:45 pm

Moro doesn't care for them too much either, but Suki loves them, and it seems Mei will put up with them.

I kind of feel they are an acquired taste. Once they start eating them they seem to love them. Tombo has never really ate them from day 1.

But they all love dubia! They go absolutely nuts when I drop a few in their tanks. The hunt is instantly on!

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Mwcrf450r » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:52 pm

claudiusx wrote:Moro doesn't care for them too much either, but Suki loves them, and it seems Mei will put up with them.

I kind of feel they are an acquired taste. Once they start eating them they seem to love them. Tombo has never really ate them from day 1.

But they all love dubia! They go absolutely nuts when I drop a few in their tanks. The hunt is instantly on!

-Brandon

So I wont order 500 bsfl right out of the gate not knowing if he likes then then lol
Mwcrf450r
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:00 pm

I started with a cup of 100 with Tombo. But hopefully yours like them! They really are a great feeder insect. Decently cheap depending where you get them from, and once you get a system for getting the soil/mix off of them, they are a breeze to use.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby claudiusx » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 pm

Here is Tombo back then... Eating his salad but NOT eating his BSFL LOL
[Click image to enlarge]

Oh and this is that same plate....
[Click image to enlarge]

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby AHBD » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Those are some good looking dragons. :) Suki is making my screen catch fire !
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Mwcrf450r » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:08 am

And he still thinks he's small enough to crawl all over it 🤣
Mwcrf450r
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby claudiusx » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 am

AHBD wrote:Those are some good looking dragons. :) Suki is making my screen catch fire !

Thanks! :)
And I still cant get my camera to show her real colors. Although that last pic is the closest I've got so far.

Mwcrf450r wrote:And he still thinks he's small enough to crawl all over it 🤣

Some things never change :lol:

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby claudiusx » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Moro has been seeming a bit more active lately. It's a big relief. She still seems to mope around, but at least now when I bring food out, she eagerly goes to it. She let out quite a big poo in the bath a few days ago. She had a pretty large urate which was causing her to strain a bit. I'm wondering if that was making her feel a bit icky.
She poo'd again yesterday though so I think that last big poo could have been causing her weirdness. Going to be watching her a bit more closely for a few weeks and see how things go.

In other news, Tombo is trying to get into the halloween spirit...

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby DorgEndo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Tombo could go as Leather face from Texas Chainsaw massacre, he only needs a bitty baby chainsaw and some of that shed over his face
DorgEndo
Hatchling Poster

Postby claudiusx » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:14 pm

DorgEndo wrote:Tombo could go as Leather face from Texas Chainsaw massacre, he only needs a bitty baby chainsaw and some of that shed over his face

Haha! :D
Well he's about finished his shed now, just a few little flakes left. He is such an annoying shedder, makes a huge mess of his tank every time.

Speaking of Tombo..

I came home today to a massive poo in his tank. And no Tombo..
I have been leaving the glass doors slightly ajar for air circulation as it's been a bit hotter in the tanks than I would like. I still need to install the new vents to help with that..
But apparently, he is part octopus because the opening had to be only half the size of his body, but he made it through and dropped the 2 feet to the floor.

It only took me 2 minutes to find him. I would have taken a picture of how I found him if it wasn't for him deciding to nestle up against the junk pile in the room! LOL
He curled himself up around a pile of odds and ends and fell asleep. He was fully in my hands before he even woke up, I gave him quite the startle... must have been a good nap lol.

Anyways, I checked him over. The 2 foot drop seemed to have done nothing to him. I can only imagine how long he's been out and how long he's been tormenting Suki for..
Anyways, will be trying to get time to put the new vents in the tanks tomorrow, but for now, glass is shut!

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby Mwcrf450r » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:36 pm

claudiusx wrote:
I have been leaving the glass doors slightly ajar for air circulation as it's been a bit hotter in the tanks than I would like. I still need to install the new vents to help with that..
But apparently, he is part octopus because the opening had to be only half the size of his body, but he made it through and dropped the 2 feet to the floor.

-Brandon

How many/how big are the the vents you put in? I still have to decide upon ventilation for mine!
Mwcrf450r
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:43 am

Mwcrf450r wrote:How many/how big are the the vents you put in? I still have to decide upon ventilation for mine!

2 on each tank - 1 per side near the top. They are just 3x12 vent covers. My house stays pretty cool typically, so I didn't want too much ventilation. But I obviously underestimated the insulating power of my tanks lol.
[Click image to enlarge]

In this pic you can see the basic size and placement of the vents. Of course the cover hadn't been put on it yet, but you get the basic idea.

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby claudiusx » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:46 am

Pictures of the crew from last night!

Mei wants to go to sleep
[Click image to enlarge]

Suki finished her dinner and is tall and proud. She's starting another shed already.
[Click image to enlarge]

Moro doing her thing.. just lying around lol
[Click image to enlarge]

And Tombo working on being a pumpkin
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

-Brandon
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie Tales