URGENT - beardie not using front legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am so sorry to hear about Charlie- I know the devastation feeling all to well as well as others on the forum-- it will take some time to heal that ache and missing feeling - all I can tell you is let yourself grieve and in time you may want to try again -- :(
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a shock. It really seemed like she was doing better. But they are such tough creatures and they hide their problems so well, it makes it hard.

There is nothing you could have done in 1 month that would have caused this. She was most likely pretty sick before you got her. Like I said, they are so good at hiding that.

I know it doesnt make it easier but you tried your best and she knows that!

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Oh, dear! I am so so sorry for your loss. It is not your fault at all. Beardies mask their symptoms before we even realize what's going on with them. You tried so hard to make sure Charlie was in perfect conditions and no one would blame you for her passing. Sometimes they have things wrong before we even get them and because you didn't have her for more than a month, it would've been hard to kinda get in tune with her behaviors. We just hope that you get another beardie down the road! And I totally believe you should totally be Toothless or Hiccup in memory of Charlie.

RIP little Charlie.

Vanessa

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sad to read this. :( My deepest condolences to you. : ( That last pic on the rock she looked sick with her mouth open, then she passed a large pool of diarrhea. Are there fake plants or anything in the tank she might have eaten ?

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
AHBD":3bc9rjjt said:
Oh no, I'm so sad to read this. :( My deepest condolences to you. : ( That last pic on the rock she looked sick with her mouth open, then she passed a large pool of diarrhea. Are there fake plants or anything in the tank she might have eaten ?

there is a fake plant, but it isn't possible for her to eat because its very sturdy, and i cut off the parts mimicing stems because they werent as sturdy. there wasnt anything else in her terrarium she couldve eaten besides stuff thats supposed to be eaten

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well we are still here for you if you need us. Even if it's just to have someone to talk to.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so very sorry that you lost Charlie. :cry:
It is a heart breaking feeling, no matter how long or short of time you have a precious dragon.
You didn't do anything wrong at all & I am quite sure that she knew just how much you loved
her.
We are all here for you.

Tracie

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
I may get another beardie soon, one that isn't from a pet store this time, and is a little older..
I miss Charlie a lot, but it hurts to wake up in the morning and see her empty terrarium... :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Boy do I know that feeling -- I have heard that comment more than once --- well take your time --- I know its hard -- consider a baby --- if you have any questions please ask --- I know you learned alot from this last experience and that is good :)
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You never really get over losing a dragon, but with time, it gets a little easier. The
heart break never seems to go away though.
We are all here for you should you need anything.

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
TyrannosaurusWreck":z0qb9hm8 said:
I may get another beardie soon, one that isn't from a pet store this time, and is a little older..
I miss Charlie a lot, but it hurts to wake up in the morning and see her empty terrarium... :(
If you do, make sure you introduce him/her to us! :)

-Brandon

TyrannosaurusWreck

Original Poster
Last night, my mom and I found a super cool exotic pet store. The animals there were SUPER friendly, and seemed to be very well cared for. The staff knew so much!! They even feed the beardies there a very healthy and varied diet, unlike other places where I live, like the chain pet store I got Charlie from. Of course, I decided to get one of the beardies. Meet Darwin!
image0.jpg

He can't replace Charlie, but he's just as special. He is very active and healthy, I can already tell the difference. I'm confident that he's in good shape, as the staff at the exotic pet store were super knowledgable on everything. They were even able to sex him there, which I was surprised; I thought he was too young to tell! He's even already tame, he loves to be picked up and pet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, that's great !! What a cutie Darwin is , very healthy looking too ! A new pet doesn't diminish the love you had for Charlie but it adds a new dimension of excitement as a new little creature to take care of + become enamored with. Hope Darwin has a long + healthy life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom