Foam mouth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, I'm sorry for my misunderstanding. And you've had this good boy for 8 years so I can imagine how worried you are. Hopefully it's not a liver problem, and please do ask for the blood tests so you can post them here. Best wishes for your little dude.

Ashleyyyy1

Original Poster
Yes I will get a copy of the office visit and blood tests. I’m not sure how the vet wants to administer the antibiotic. Hopefully I’m able to go into today and the vet can explain it to me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Ashley, the tests don't indicate anything too much out of the ordinary from what I can see other than the low count of the lymphocytes [ white blood cells ] That may be why the vet prescribed the antibiotics. Potassium is a bit high + alt a bit low, that's why the vet highlighted those particular values. A low alt usually is a good thing, it has to do with liver function. A high alt could have pointed to damaged liver. Tracie should be on in a while + look over it, she is more adept at reading/ interpreting some of these values than I am. But from what I can see it looks decent. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Ashley,

Just checking to be sure, but Gregory is male & not female, correct? The albumin was
just slightly high so making sure he is not female, with egg issues.
The potassium levels are elevated which can indicate some renal distress. That could
also just simply be from being dehydrated or stress, etc. The ALT is a little low, but still
in range. A lower reading could potentially indicate a minor nutritional or vitamin deficiency,
like thiamin, riboflavin, etc or even a mineral problem.
It doesn't look like he has an infection but with his white cell count a little off he could be
fighting something or just in general be run down.
I am concerned about the yellow fluids in his tummy right now. Did they culture it?

Tracie

Ashleyyyy1

Original Poster
I’m not 100% sure Greg is male. I got him for Christmas and he was the size of my pinky so I wasn’t sure if he was a boy or girl but he seemed like a greg so I named him greg and the name stuck. Now that he’s older I can lift his tail I see the 2 bulges under his tail he looks like a male to me but I’m not actually sure. The vet never asked me what gender greg was but the vet wrote that he was male on his files. I’m not sure if maybe he just assumed he was male from his name

As far as the yellow fluid, the vet made it sound like it was just from greg eating too much. The vet didn’t make it seem like it was a big reason for concern. He told me something about urate and something but I don’t know what he was talking about. He told me that he recommended the blood test and so that’s what we did. I have already spent nearly $1,000 trying to bring my greg back to health the bills are piling up. He means so much and because of that idk what else to do. I want him to be healthy.

The vet said Greg needs 5 injections of the antibiotic all within 3 days of each other.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you can see two bulges on the lateral portion of the tail then he is probably male, yes.
That seems a bit excessive on the antibiotic shots though, all within a 3 day period of time.
How is he doing today?
I understand, the expenses definitely get out of hand pretty quickly with all of the diagnostics
& office visits.
Is he feeling any better that you can tell?

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie

Ashleyyyy1

Original Poster
He seems very well actually he hasn’t thrown up since they put him on the antibiotics so I hope that means he is getting better. He seems alert and very bright eyed lately so he looks well in my opinion. He still has 3 more injections of the antibiotic so we will see how it goes. I appreciate everyone giving me their input on Gregory because this has been so stressful for me. Thank y’all so much! Greg thanks y’all too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom