BEARDIE LOST A TOOTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I have a super adorable and healthy beardie and just today, when we were helping him wipe his mouth, we found a broken tooth that was in his mouth. It was pointy, and a little black on the tip. I can upload a photo if I can try and capture the little thing.

Is it normal for beardies to lose their teeth?
He still eats and everything and poos normally, but since the weather's been getting colder, he usually sleeps for 2-3 days and then wakes up for a day. However, he does usually have some saliva around his mouth, so I don't know if contributes or not.

We cannot afford a vet as they're quite expensive where we are and I am afraid they are not qualified, so any advice on how our beardie is doing would be so helpful!

We aren't sure how old he is as we adopted him 2 years ago, but he should be at least an adult.

Thank you so much everyon!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry your dragon lost a tooth, this happens sometimes. He should be fine, just with one
missing tooth. A picture would be good if you can get one that is.
Since he is brumating, he probably isn't eating a whole lot, correct? Does it seem to be
bothering him any?
It is quite hard to find a qualified vet for reptiles, I agree.
He should be just fine though, but let us know how he is doing. Unless it starts to get infected
you shouldn't need to do anything.

Tracie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
kalethebeardie":3u4d0l9a said:
Hi everyone,

I have a super adorable and healthy beardie and just today, when we were helping him wipe his mouth, we found a broken tooth that was in his mouth. It was pointy, and a little black on the tip. I can upload a photo if I can try and capture the little thing.

Is it normal for beardies to lose their teeth?
He still eats and everything and poos normally, but since the weather's been getting colder, he usually sleeps for 2-3 days and then wakes up for a day. However, he does usually have some saliva around his mouth, so I don't know if contributes or not.

We cannot afford a vet as they're quite expensive where we are and I am afraid they are not qualified, so any advice on how our beardie is doing would be so helpful!

We aren't sure how old he is as we adopted him 2 years ago, but he should be at least an adult.

Thank you so much everyon!
You could put a dollar under his "pillow" or a nice juicy hornworm :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom