Tampico, the small but mighty beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! I just felt like uploading some pics of my little Tampico, or "Tampi" as I like to call her. I never did a formal introduction on this site, but have posted and given advice to some newbies, so I thought I'd post some photos of Tampi in her year and 8 month phase. Haha She is currently getting to go through brumation. Boooo!!! Buuuut what can I do. She's a happy healthy little thing, and that's all that matters.

So here are some pictures of Miss Tampico....
Enjoying a car ride
101206-815325794.jpg

Showing off her sexy leg skills
101206-518064560.jpg

Hiding in her new favorite cave
101206-6415366009.jpg

Enjoying some outside interaction on her leash
101206-5337923174.jpg

Just chillin on her branch in all her small, but mighty, glory
101206-8585524140.jpg

And finally...enjoying the window while she watches momma cook
101206-1240296662.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!! :D

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kreinmiller":1m48q7i4 said:
Ah I love the floor of your enclosure! Assume it's custom made?

Why thank you! :D Yes, it is a custom made enclosure. It's a bit on the narrow side, but Tampico stopped growing before we even put her in there, so it's perfect for her.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Tampi has woken from her 2 weekish slumber. She destroyed her tank (as much as she could) and took a big ol' dump in the middle of the tank and I'm sure she ran through it as well. She is currently lounging in her hammock just waiting for her human to come home and see what a wonderful dragon she's been. Wonder if she's gonna go back down or remain active for a while. Hopefully she's active for a bit longer, but who knows?! Only time will tell... *Sigh*

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yay for being awake! They typically are done with it once they get active like that again! :D

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yay...for like a day, then she decided to hunker down again and be antisocial. She falls asleep on me instantly if I take her out of the tank. If I let her run around my bed, she instantly runs for the pillow, climbs up it, and wiggles into her comfy spot and falls asleep. I think she just wants to sleep for allllll her days! LOL

-Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Boo that's no good! They really are so selfish sometimes huh.... :roll: :lol:
I love though how they know what they want... they see that pillow and bam, that's the goal! LOL

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This was Tamp last well enjoying her sleep.
101206-42521223.jpg

She's now awake, but doesn't look happy about it. The humidity in her tank is super low and I'm not sure how to get it back up ? It's a 10% during the day and I've noticed the house has become increasingly dry with the cold weather among us. I'm not sure what to do!

Help!

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well tell her to get used to it cuz we weren't happy about her sleeping!

Typically I don't really worry about the humidity. You could always try a water bowl if you wanted. Or a room humidifier if your room is really getting that dry. Would help you and tampico :)

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha I think she's trying to go in and out of her brumation. As soon as I take her out of her tank and she's on my or in her comfy little bed, she falls right to sleep. I'm thinking she's uncomfortable in her tank and maybe the dryness has something to do with it. I'm going to get a humidifier, for both of us, and see if that helps out any. Poor girl. I hate when she looks uncomfortable and upset. I wish I could let her roam like she used to...but the dogs prevent me from doing that. So in her tank she stays :-(
And I think she hates every minute of it :cry:

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Booo!

Well at least she looks cute sleeping :D

Hopefully she gets this whole brumation thing out of her system for the rest of her life! lol

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh how I wish that would happen, but I fear she just may go into it forever. Haha

Don't they know how much we miss them?!?!?!?!?! :angry5: LOL

Are any of your's going into brumation?

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tombo has been hiding all day but not really sleeping. Just being lazy.
Moro seems to have got out of her funk a bit but still a bit lazy.
Mei is super lazy. Shes a bit young to brumate but shes of a decent size I'm not concerned about it
Suki is a ball of fire still lol.

And the new girl is doing just fine. :)

Thank God mine didnt all sync up lol.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yesterday was Tamp's second birthday. She hardcore celebrated.....
101206-7511245571.jpg

Happy Birthday my precious girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom