Funny way of sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

The answer to this is a bit complicated... Can you post a picture?

The short answer is "probably not, no" as a lot of perfectly healthy, happy animals with good setups end up sleeping like this for whatever reason.

The long answer is maybe yes, a little? Sleeping like this often indicated that the tank is the wrong temperature or the animal lacks enrichment objects - ei a better place to lay down in sleep.

Guac slept like this for a few weeks when I first moved him into his larger tank. I added a split log on a whim and he never slept like that again, instead sleeping on or under the split log.

I personally would try offering a couple more hides or perches and checking your temperatures.

Hope that helps,
-Ellen

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ellentomologist":hfxqr62a said:
Hiya,

The answer to this is a bit complicated... Can you post a picture?

The short answer is "probably not, no" as a lot of perfectly healthy, happy animals with good setups end up sleeping like this for whatever reason.

The long answer is maybe yes, a little? Sleeping like this often indicated that the tank is the wrong temperature or the animal lacks enrichment objects - ei a better place to lay down in sleep.

Guac slept like this for a few weeks when I first moved him into his larger tank. I added a split log on a whim and he never slept like that again, instead sleeping on or under the split log.

I personally would try offering a couple more hides or perches and checking your temperatures.

Hope that helps,
-Ellen
I think he is perfectly fine because this is the first time.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
BeardedDragonSteve":31c5xu2g said:
So sometimes I turn on my beardies lights on and he is sleeping vertically should I be concerned.

Probably perfectly normal (for a beardie) :lol:

Here's my little dummkopf, and, yes, I found him asleep in the same position later that evening :roll:
100140-3877195167.jpg

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aaradimian":2tmlgzrq said:
BeardedDragonSteve":2tmlgzrq said:
So sometimes I turn on my beardies lights on and he is sleeping vertically should I be concerned.

Probably perfectly normal (for a beardie) :lol:

Here's my little dummkopf, and, yes, I found him asleep in the same position later that evening :roll:
100140-3877195167.jpg
Is that a custom vivarium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom