Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visserion

Original Poster
Please someone help they told me to give him .5 on the medicine orally and I did this is the 3rd day of my giving it to him and after I gave it to him every time he breathed there is a crackling or a popping and like he can’t breathe

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
PM Tracie- drache613----shes the vet moderator and tell her what med your giving etc-- she can help you--
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I only offer a couple of hornworms at a time if they are fully grown (they get pretty large and filling). Maybe offer them a few times a week while they're fresh.

Visserion

Original Poster
Should I feed him 2-3 times per week with the worms and how many should I give him per each time I feed him

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope he is doing well today.
If the hornworms are decent sized, just a few per day should be plenty. Is he eating any greens
right now?

Tracie

Visserion

Original Poster
How many days of the week should I give him hornworms Mon,Wed,Fri or Mon,Fri is 2 worms per day enough?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It doesnt matter --- a couple 2 is good -- they are good for hydration --- is he eating other staples like crickets or dubias-- they should be fed a couple of times per week since he is an adult and you should be feeding greens everyday ---- like collard mustard or turnip greens along w/ some squash like yellow or zuchinni or butter nut --- serve raw not cooked --- green beans can be fed --- fruit once in awhile it has too much sugar--- do you have the nutrition website?
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
Yes I have the website I give him collard greens every day I’ll feed him the worms Mon Wed and fri

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good ---- if you haft to print it off ----- and they like variety so give variety greens ---- check your list ---- you can mix them too like turnip and collard or mustard and collard mix it up for him --- fresh vegies are not that expensive ---
Karrie

Visserion

Original Poster
My dragon has been acting very aggressive as of late he is sprinting around his cage head bobbing at the glass and glass surfing I understand he might be seeing his reflection but he has never done this before he is 4 years old and shouldn’t be going through puberty anyone know any reason why he would be acting this way when I try to pet him he puffs his beard out and he would never do that before and his beard is mostly black when he is inside his cage

Visserion

Original Poster
1 more concern he pooped yesterday and it was only a little there was a little water in it and the white thing was runny not firm and he has pooped 2 times today mostly water here’s the most recent
106089-378655699.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they just get in a bad mood. Hopefully that will subside quickly. The poop just looks like urate with some extra water passing through with it. Not unusual in itself, especially if it's a second (or more) poop of the day.

Visserion

Original Poster
My dragon has been doing this every day or almost every other day
106089-8303609527.jpg
it was the second poop today the first was normal and the urate looked squishy is he getting too much water not enough water I only give him baths now when he steps in his poop in after a couple of weeks another thing I wanted to address was that whenever I take him out of his cage his beard goes to his normal orange color but when he goes back in his cage his beard turns black I measured the temps again and they were 104 higher then last time and I’ve only had the uvb for 3 months is it something else it his cage that is causing the black beard possibly?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok it looks like you have done everything we can possibly think of for correcting the poop and behavior- are you still feeding the horn worms 3 times / week --- they are a hydrating worm so its possible they are giving the runny poop- but that would not cause the behavior- is he a he/ or a she? the reflection hes seeing may be causing the behavior - I would take some newspaper or wrapping paper or card board and put on the outside of the tank and see if that gets rid of the black bearding
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom